Monday, December 15, 2008

Extra Credit

http://www.thehilltoponline.com/americans_lose_1_million_jobs
Your response should be formatted exactly like current events.

Happy posting!
-Ms. H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXTRA CREDIT!!!

The jobs that are currently being lost and cut right before the holidays are simply ridiculous. This can not be beneficial to children or the parents. People are not robots, they have bills to pay and if they are getting laid off they should have a two week notice, just as if they were quitting the job would want a two weeks notice. But once again Obama calms the fear of the jobless parents and citizens by letting them know that him and his staff is coming up with an economy recovery plan which should have 2.5 million jobs by January 11. Information likes this calm the jobless citizens, not fully, but partially, because they know they have something forward to look too. Also, they have a president that is a concern and don’t want them to feel left alone as if the problem isn’t going to be addressed or fixed.
-Alecia Edwards -Lee~Lee

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, I think this is a recession. It effects me and society in many ways. It has cause a great depression on the ciitizens of american. For example, my mom has been without a job for a year and its has been extremely hard to get a new job. That effects me because I depend on her to help me provide for my baby. Help from others financial is not an option any more. One man is all for himself. How can you help a person with there fiancial problems, when you can't even help yourself fianciallly? So, basely what am saying is everyone is in the same boat. T"he world is in a recession internationally. I have a few doubts about Barack Omaba . Sometimes I worry about if he can handle this though issue, because the whole United States of America is counting on him as one.. I sometimes try to put myself in the presidents shoes and i think it would be pretty hard looking at all the complications on the news. Its a crazy world and the news is fill with economic issues that would blow my mind if I was the president. I didn’t seem to understand the president statement about the two-year effort to start job creation in America. I just don’t see how that’s possible. I think it’s the company or people who run the employees out or drop them. Like I said before “One man is all for himself." My heart drop when I read the statement “Some business students say it’s hard to have a positive outlook on the job market, especially when a lot of the downsizing is concentrated in their career field." When I read that I imagine myself trying to make it in my career and heartbroken to find out that there isn’t any job opening anywhere or there constantly cutting people for no specific reason.