Directions: In 150-200 words, respond to EACH the following news articles:
Teen Pregnancy Stats
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-11-03-tv-sex_N.htm
Texting While Driving?!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/scitech/pcanswer/main5274193.shtml
iPhone trigger Bulimia?
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2009/10/can-smartphone-apps-trigger-eating-disorders-.html
Morehouse's New Dress Code
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/10/15/morehouse-institutes-attire-policy-.html
College too expensive?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/21/AR2009102103664.html
Directions, cont: Your response must show that you have a full understanding of the article while giving a synthesis (or an opinion with facts from the article that support that opinion) .
How to Construct Your Response: You need to explain why it was important to respond to each article seperately, what are your views on the issue (identify the issues and explain your views), how does the issue affect you and society, and what is a possible solution to the problem. Summarizing this article is strictly prohibited.
To Respond:
1. You should scroll to the bottom of this posting and click on the link that says "O COMMENTS."
2. Afterwards, type your response in the space provided on the right.
3. In the "NAME/URL" field, put your first initial, last name and period so that you receive credit for the assignment.
4. Then make sure you click "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT"
Note: You will not be able to immediately see your post published because I must approve them individually.
Grading: Refer to the original assignment sheet for the grading rubric.
130 comments:
Morehouse Institutes Attire Policy
I'm in full agreement with the "appropriate attire policy". I think that Morehouse should have an "appropriate attire policy" , considering the fact that of the type of school it is and the qualities it has. Morehouse is a school of class and well-behaved young men, if they attend the school they should dress according to what the dress code or policy says. According to William Bynum, vice president of the college's Office of Student Services, he feels that attire is very important. Appearance plays an important part in being selected for work or other engagements. It is especially plays an a important roll at Morehouse because is a dominant black school. Its a good look for young Black/African-American men to dress appropiate, especially in the South. The "appropriate attire policy" is a good and understanding policy it just want young men to be a good examples to the future generations.
Studies have shown that teen pregnancy is at its highest peak and steadily rising.TV shows and other media links are more open with the things they say and do. I feel that the sexual content shown on TV is not a reliable point to use as the cause of teen pregnancy.It is more so the peer pressure that teens are face with in everyday life.It also starts in the home.As I reflect back to the article, when Dave Walsh stated that he sees parents delegating sex education to Hollywood, I totally agree with him.Parents can't reley on the media to tell their child about sex because the media doesn't tell the whole story. If a child learns the consequences to having sex from his or her parents when they go out and be face with pressure or temptations, they wont be curious to try it.As I concluded, there are some television stations such as MTV, who show the trails and tribulations that come with having a baby at such a young age. So all media is not bad media. It all depends on what the parents allow their children to watch.
It was important to respond to this article because this is an important topic and a good one cause dis is real life. My views on this article is the teens going an having children at the age of 14 and up thats a dum thing to do at that age. This is a big issue because from watching sex on tv is leading to sex in real life this is not good because young teens cant support their babys how are you going to go to college? The solution to this article is to stop watching sex on tv and stop rushing to have sex.I beleive sex on tv have sumthing to do with the teens who watch it for more than 2 in a half hours. I dont no why these teens be so ready to watch those shows cause from the numbers all it do is put them in the mood to have sex. I dis like all these teen parents simply because when you have children you cant really do nonthing but take care of your baby then most teens dont have any jobs so how are they going to take care of their baby.
It was important to respond to this article because it is a cool new app for people with eating disorders and obease peolpe. My view of this article is to get these people to lose a litte weight cause i no that they dont really want to be this big. This issue effect this society because we are putting all this technolegy out their an it seems like the big people dont even really want to participate in these different things so they can lose weight. The solution has already been created from this amazing app..This is a great thing because its a cool phone and it has all kinds of apps and im glad that the came out with a caloric app. Is this a good thing? yes i think cause this will help obease people to loose a little wehight so that they can have a smaller frame and leaner body type. But this app will only work if the people who use it really want to take this challange and complete it but its a good challenge because it montoirs the food that you eat so that you can cut down on their meals a day.
Aritle1:By age 16, teens who watched a lot of sexually charged TV were more than twice as likely to be pregnant or father an out-of-wedlock baby as teens who watched very little: 12% vs. 5%. The gap holds steady through age 20.
Aritle2:This issue is in the news a bit more than usual these days because of a shocking video created by a police department in the UK. It depicts a teenage girl texting while driving followed by a terrible crash with gruesome results for her friends in her car and the family whose car she hit.
Aritle3:Most people with eating disorders say they spend between 80 and 99 percent of their day thinking about food, calories, body image, weight and exercise, said Buckman. So they’re already doing what the apps are designed to do, whether it’s in their heads, in a journal or online.
Aritle4:You won't see sagging pants, headgear, or women's clothing anymore at Morehouse College. The all-men's college has instituted an "appropriate attire policy" for students, the Maroon Tiger reports. There are 11 guidelines for appropriate dress that will be distributed through campuswide E-mail and on the school's website, as well as in the student handbook.
Arictle5:The published prices at private four-year colleges in the U.S. rose by an average of 4.4 percent. Tuition increased by an average of 6.5 percent for in-state students at four-year public colleges.
I cant really relate to this topic because I haven't been in this situation.Eating disorders are commonly started by the lack of confidence a person has. Those apps and other programs that are on iphones weren't created to trigger a person eating disorder. They were created so that people can keep a check on their body and health. I dont consider a eating disorder as something healthy. Futhermore, iphones and other new smart phones havent been around that long,so for someone to say that iphones and smart phones trigger disorders is not true.You can check your weight and body mass by going to the doctor or even from your house by using a scale. Also,Hollywood and other media sources portray the idea that the average size of a women is a zero or four. These assumptions are totally incorrect.
The US Today say that could the amount of sex teens see on TV predict whether they'll become a teen mother or father? That is the craziest thing ever seen how con a TV show make me have sex. I look at TV all the time what show are the kids looking at some TV show have a little sex in it. The kid’s mom and dad have take up more time whit them so that the kids will not to have to look at TV all day. The kids are seeing sex at school or in a book, movies .In the 60’kids was having sex kids and they was 10. People are going to have sex look in the history books they was having sex as teens and they did not have a TV at all so you can not say that TV is doing this to your kids.
I believe that lots of girls I know would have already being pregnant. There is lots of entertainment on television the make movies about sex, drugs, guns and a lot more. I watch television all the time that doesn’t mean I am going to go do what I see on television. If girls get pregnant because of television that means I some people would have already being in jail for robbery or murder or things such as stealing cars and buying illegal weapons. The article is really trying to say that life is like a movie. If life was like a movie people would be doing whatever the wanted. Television is fake and most of the people that watch it already know that. I think that if they are doing it’s because the want not because the watch television. And with all of that being said I believe that the article is speaking fiction not facts so people can watch what they watch and not get pregnant.
When u are texting while driving u are doing what’s wrong. You are putting your life in danger and others. When texting while driving could run a red light u could run over a person a dog. All because u are looking down and not paying any attention to the road witch means that anybody could get hurt. Someone could be driving and have more than three or four passengers that means while u are texting while driving u are putting good innocent people in danger. I do believe that texting while driving is illegal. While you are texting while driving you could also lose control of your vehicle. When u loose control of the vehicle u could swerve and kill your self. So with all of that being said u should not txt and drive at the same time because it is against the law and it is very dangerous.
Texting while driving is not a good look at all. You can hit a dog or a car year ago a man hit a tree in the middle of the night. I was in the car whit my mom. I could not see to it smoke in air. I was so mad he had his kids in the car. It seemed to have gone on for two hours. My mom was a cry so she was mad he and the kid’s mom were in to it. Those who have headed that cry know what I talking about. I have never forgotten that day. It was lesson that it can happen to everybody. He died in the car and the kind was ok .So me and my mom called 911 and they was ok. The kids are ok they are whit they mom so they are ok we see the kids all the time.
Colleges costs are going we will need a job to pay fore it they need to stop making the pay go up. Ii need to go down not up we do not have the money to pay fore it not kids that are in the hood have to play football to go to college. The money is so bad in the US that we do not have the money so we have to get it fore ill self. The family have to take pay the bills at home and pay fore you to go to college .That is a job in it’s on to feed your family and my fore you son to go to college how in is now is bad to say. The college can help out or it can be free at the same time. We need to go so we can make it in life so I can be a good man and have nice job.
I believe that college is to expensive no one has that kind of money to pay for college .Most people want a good education so that they can survive in the world. Now day’s u has to have a college degree if u wants to survive in the world. You have to think about if u went to go get a loan u have to pay them back plus insurance. So no one has that kind of money. So to go to college it would cost a lot of money. I believe that your education should cost a little bit less. Most people have a family to take care of and bills to pay and mouths to feed.Thats why most people I know did not go to college. So think about a person in that situation and they are trying to pay for college. College is very much expensive. For in state students college is over 7,000 dollars. For out of state student college Students College is over 18,000 that is too much.
Dress codes are college they don’t need a dress code they do how they flee .In college you have the freedom do you at all times. You be in class all day you be flee good of what you have on. You express your self on how you dress so you can be comfortable in class all day .Like you will flee go how you look at college so you have to show out on how you dress. A 100 percent of the kids at my school do not like be on dress code you not show how u flee at school. So at Morehouse I know the kids are mad. They in college and have to have a dress cod I know I will go to a new school. The kids have to stop it fore all the colleges be like that I do not need to be in college whit a dress cod.
I believe that the dress code for Morehouse Institute is silly. Because every one doesn’t sag there’s a lot of people that were there clothes just in a different style u shouldn’t have to dress prep if u don’t want to. People wear there different styles some time to express there self. I think that people should be able to wear what they want to wear so that can feel comfortable. They can feel comfortable sitting inside the there classroom.95 percent of the people feel that there appearance matters a lot so that’s 95 out of 100 percent. I believe that when you take way the ways some body dress you are taking there attitude along with it. So people should be able wear whatever it is that they want to wear because it would stop the confusion. And I feel like with that being said you should be able to dress freely.
Smart phone apps might trigger eating disorders how can that do that ill have to see it. I have a iphone and I eat the same way or more so how did they get that. So I do not have a eating disorder. How can a phone make you have eating disorder I con not see it happing to me some believe what they see. I like my iphone am going to keep it so they need to stop make things up. An eating disorder is you do not eat the same way or you eat to much and how can a phone do that to you is the waves doing some thing to you .I do not know my iphone can do that am go to get the 3g to day so I will have to get a eating disorder. So am go to keep my iphone and Ms .hill has one and she do not have a eating disorder.
The smart phone is a device used to for talking, texting and finding things on the internet so how can I device used for talking and texting. I believe that the things that they are saying about the smart phone are impossible. That is a lie and I don’t think people should get there self worked up about the smart phone giving eating disorders. I believe that eating disorders come from eating too much. I don’t believe that u can catch eating disorder from a phone. I just can’t see any body catching a eating disorder from a phone because a smart phone is built so that you talk on it. I will believe when I see it because it jus doesn’t seem possible. When I get proof from the doctors I will probably believe that u can possibly catch the eating disorder from your phone. With that being said u should see before u believes it to.
1. Study is first to link TV sex to teen parenthood
By the age of 16 most young teenage kids think that they are ready to grow up.
But today most kids are looking at TV a see that having sex is cool and they think
That they don’t have anything to worry about but, I really think that having sex and then go off and have a baby could really ruin most young kid’s life. Kids watch TV all the time an see that most people that have kids or have sex are either pregnant now or wish they never would have did it and want to take it back. But watching TV would some time make young teenage kids want to have sex more and the more the feel they didn’t get pregnant or they didn’t get caught. Most TV show are not for young teenage kids but the way the world is going now they are making everything want to do with sex or they have a relationship who are having sex or want to have sex but are to xxx rated for little kids .I wouldn’t say that every show or everything is having to do with sex, I’m saying that once young teenage kids get to a certain age they feel that I’m grown and want to see what it feels like to have sex or see what it feels like to have a baby. Teenage parenthood is one of the most important parts of your life. Having kids or becoming a parent at a young age is very hard, that why if I could talk to the young kids today I would tell them to stay young and don’t let every thing on TV is not meant to be copied
Response: This article was easy for me to respond to because it is describing how teens are exposed by sex due to high tv time. Teen pregnacy is very high in my community. Being a teen mom i dont personally believe all teens are likely to be exposed by sex because of tv because sex is everywhere. Some teens want to have sex just because it seems like thats what everybody is doing. And others have sex because they dont feel love. In result they end up having to make very grown up decisions. Some teens probaly dont understand that whats on most shows is not true so they want to be like the characters. So in reality the teen viewers end up in real life situations. The tv sex is becoming more aggressive now and the exposive content can be veiwed by teens easily. The influence can be very strong and can be fatal. Teens can end up entering parenthood or catching an transmitted disease.Everything is moving so in most teenslives now we need to get it together decisions we make now can change our lives forever!!!!!!
This response was posted by Erica Brown
3.Smart phone apps might trigger eating disorders
Eating disorders are complex, unpredictable and caused by a number of things, including genetic susceptibility, family issues and cultural notions of beauty, having a new i phone is very fun but starting to monitor weight, and other things are very crazy. I feel that phone are not the reasons people might trigger eating disorders. Most people would like to lose weight by eating right or excise. Having to stave yourself with a phone is one of the most crazy thing I have every heard of in my life Most people with eating disorders say they spend between 80 and 99 percent of their day thinking about food, calories, body image, weight and exercise, said Buck man. A smart phone app, which encourages weight and diet obsession, “may just be the match that ignites the fire.” Most people who would do such a thing I would have to say is one of the most top rated thing I would not ever do in my life time. Every time I hear about human bens having to stave there self or want to stave there self with a phone that does not make sense. So I would have to say to anyone who would do something like this please don’t
3.Smart phone apps might trigger eating disorders
Eating disorders are complex, unpredictable and caused by a number of things, including genetic susceptibility, family issues and cultural notions of beauty, having a new i phone is very fun but starting to monitor weight, and other things are very crazy. I feel that phone are not the reasons people might trigger eating disorders. Most people would like to lose weight by eating right or excise. Having to stave yourself with a phone is one of the most crazy thing I have every heard of in my life Most people with eating disorders say they spend between 80 and 99 percent of their day thinking about food, calories, body image, weight and exercise, said Buck man. A smart phone app, which encourages weight and diet obsession, “may just be the match that ignites the fire.” Most people who would do such a thing I would have to say is one of the most top rated thing I would not ever do in my life time. Every time I hear about human bens having to stave there self or want to stave there self with a phone that does not make sense. So I would have to say to anyone who would do something like this please don’t
3.Smart phone apps might trigger eating disorders
Eating disorders are complex, unpredictable and caused by a number of things, including genetic susceptibility, family issues and cultural notions of beauty, having a new i phone is very fun but starting to monitor weight, and other things are very crazy. I feel that phone are not the reasons people might trigger eating disorders. Most people would like to lose weight by eating right or excise. Having to stave yourself with a phone is one of the most crazy thing I have every heard of in my life Most people with eating disorders say they spend between 80 and 99 percent of their day thinking about food, calories, body image, weight and exercise, said Buck man. A smart phone app, which encourages weight and diet obsession, “may just be the match that ignites the fire.” Most people who would do such a thing I would have to say is one of the most top rated thing I would not ever do in my life time. Every time I hear about human bens having to stave there self or want to stave there self with a phone that does not make sense. So I would have to say to anyone who would do something like this please don’t
. More house’s New Dress Code
Morehouse new dress code is a good idea to me because there would be less problems and less trouble for the students and professors. There are 11 guidelines for appropriate dress that will be distributed through campus wide E-mail and on the school's website, as well as in the student handbooks. Having a new dress code means that there would be less saggin pants and less baggy clothes. More house is one of the most popular all mens collage who has made a change in the city and decided that they need a change. "I would say that about 95 percent of the students on this campus feel that appearance matters to them. Others aren't so sure how to define a modern "Renaissance Man," especially when it comes to clothes. I feel that making a change is just a step of making a better school for more men to come and see that we can make the school a better place i would like to address all those opposing of our, morehouse college, new policy because it is “discriminatory against gays and transgendered students”.so making morehouse new dress code is my favorite to read about in this project
TV Study is first link TV sex to teen parenthood
Well I don’t think so because I think TV. Now is more educated then ever. I understand that sex its highly to happen but it starts in your home as a parent to teach your child about sex and what’s the consequences. Some children’s start at an early age because parents don’t have conversation, family time, and lack of love affection. If you take time out of your busy day to communicate with your child a see what the are their goals in life and what are their dreams. get to do more activities an do they plan in high school. Also you and your child watch TV togather.an then you will know what your child watches on TV. What I am saying is spend more time with your child see what they like to watch, learn, a become. Now I think that one way u can prevent your child from having teenage sex ask your child what she do throw out the day an how was they day show them some attention. Your child is most likely to start having though about but some times its sometimes its your child’s friends or what’s goes on around your child life.
Shocking stats on texting while driving
Now this is a great topic to talk about because I see everyday. As I look around while I’m in the car I see a lot of people talking an texting it is the most dangerous thing to do while you are driving it take proximally 2-3 mints to send a text but it take 4.6-5 seconds to lose control of a car. Must times it young teenage drivers but now I see people 18-30 years old text behind the wheel? The ratings is 46 percent of teenage are texting behind the wheel that mean its at least 5-10 car crash a day. Texting got so bad now it is a law to text behind the wheel. But the only thing is its not being inforced.iknow it the new thing but it’s a time an the place for that people take it over the line’s cant lie I text all day but when it come to safety I’m not gone risk my life on the line.
Smart phone apps might trigger eating disorders
I don’t think so because people know how to control what they eat. People know how much to eat an got the most calories in it.how can a phone tell you how to eat technology is not better then what you have learned.also stop agreeing with everything you hear.now days technology will have confused because peple try to keep up with it an it not helping at all.i understand why people use technology now days because it faster then the old way we do stuff.But I don’t think a phone can tell you what to eat an how to eat.i like this topic cause people need to lesrn that its not about technology its about how you work cause sum times the old is the best way.now test proves that if you eat 3-4 times a day an watch your calories you will be just fine.
Morehouse Institutes attire policy
This is the best topic I could have talk about because I think all colleges should have a dress code because now days its all about sagging pants an tight pants.I don’t think you should go to school like that Because it like you getting ready for the business life an I don’t think you would dress like that to work so why go to school like that.now it is against the law to sagg so why would you go to a place of learning dress like you bout to go to a club or some like that.it should be a dress code to every school in the united states.people need to learn when to dress for success or when to dress for the rest.it’s a time and place for everything but when you are getting an education you not suppose to be looking fly or trying to look sexy.I think men should dress in nice color slacks an collar shirts.and women’s should dress in skirts that’s a nice lengths an a nice shirt
5.Getting through college these days almost requires a degree in thrift
The College Board recently issued its annual report on the price of getting a college education.getting through collage almost requires more than just a degree or a masters these days your going to have to get a better education for your self. With the economy making it tougher for people to save, is there anything students and parents can do to keep college costs down. I think there is, but it will require a shift in what we've come to believe is central to the college experience -- staying away from home for four years. staying in collage for so many years would make you feel that they is more I need to get out of this. I think that staying in school for more time than you already want to be is more time out your life. But honestly I feel that having to get a degree in thrift would make more people want to drop out or pick up another major in collage For as long as I can recall, the trend has been troubling. Let's take a look at the national averages for published tuition and fees for 2009-2010
Colleges to expensive
I really think college is really getting to become a fortune.if you want us to learn how you gone charge us us a lot of money.I don’t understand why would they over charge us just to get a higher education if you want us to go to college then take the price of an education down.Its some people in life cant pay for an education but want one.that’s why we got more people in jail then in college.how can we go some were when yhey charge us an arm an a leg just for a book. But they want us to become college grauates when they over charge us to cime to school an then when we get a loan we have to be in debt just to go to school.how come they tell us that college is everything when we cant even go if we broke.that’s why its employe lack of skills because a lot of people didn’t go to school for their job.an now a high school daploma is not enuff for us to get a nice job an a good salary to live life.
Marquise potts mw3
Texting While Driving?!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/scitech
Response: When i think about the number of accidents that are a result from texting while driving makes me terrified. It is mandatory that every driver give all their attention to driving. Texting while driving is a major distraction. A person can be distracted for less than 3 seconds and cause a accident. Do you know how many accidents are caused by driving while texting?Takethis matter very serious because alot of people lose their lives due to texting .Texting can wait its not that important when you could lose your life while driving. Majority of teens think they can text while drive because they know how to drive well. They fail to realize that they are inexperienced and cant do two things at the same time, such as driving and texting. WHen you are focusing on your speed, surroundings, other drivers, and all knowledge of the roadway, a person doesn't have the ability to add texting to their driving ritual. So teens that are driving should decide if they want to live or text while driving and jeopardize their lifes and the lives of others.
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2009/10/can-smartphone-apps-trigger-eating-disorders-.html
Response: The iPhone doesnt trigger bulimia saying that it does is like finding something to blame bulima on. Bulima is caused by a person that is obsessed about their wieght. Counting every calorie and so on. The iPhone just offers a app that some people use the tool to keep every little track of their calories. Bulima is complex and hard to predict it.
Response by erica Brown.
Morehouse's New Dress Code
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/10/15/morehouse-institutes-attire-policy-.html
Response: I totally disagree with the Morehouse's New Dress Code because it is discriminating. What does their appearance have to do with anything? Their personal lifestyles is irrelavant to education. I personally believe that this new dress code is a insult to the students. They should be able to decide what they want to wear. People should be able to express theirselves without any restrictions. Their sexuality isn't a major concern rather there transgender'sbysexual, or cross dressers it doesn't matter. The students shouldn't judge the other students they should focus on theirselves. Our society have different views on the way people should carry theirselves. I really do not care about the way another person think or dress. It never really cross my mind. Everybody have their own mindset. The president of Morehouse should have left the dresscode alone it was pointless......
College too expensive?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/21/AR2009102103664.html
response:I can relate to this article because I want to attend college but my family can't afford it. The expense is so high it is impossible for me to attend if i dont recieve an scholarship or grants. Theres so many things a person would have to cover when going to a college like books, tuition,and dorms if the person dont have a scholarship or grant.The economy is making it hard for people to save. The onlyhope is budgeting and scholarships. Some students that are in college now cant even have to get loans to stay in college. And this sometimes cause them to be in debt for a long time. I think there need to be more soures to help students get in college without getting in debt. Alot of the teens that want to attend college can't because of the lack of money. College isn't getting less expensive its increasinig at a rapid rate. How can people say more high students should be college bound when they cant even afford it.
Article 1
This article doesn’t make any sense what so ever. First of all sexually active tv programs or show does not glorify teens to go and have sex and get pregnant. To me it seems that the teens that are watching to much tv and don’t have no where to go are the ones that go and start guessing on how sex is. If their parents had a sex talk with them they really wouldn’t go and get pregnant. There is something called a condom and birth control now if the teens don’t know what that is that mean should ask questions before they go and have sex with out protection. Why should they blame the television they need to blame the teens their self because I know half of the teens in this world have parents that talk to them about what to do. I feel that their parents have probably taught them their morals, its just the teens are just so ready to explore different aspects of the opposite sex. The teens just need to be drilled more on to use a condom when they have sex. Also to go on record if these people have such a problem with the tv shows don’t let your kids watch tv.
Article 2
I feel you should get a citation or something if you are caught driving while texting. I feel this way because if you think about we already enough wrecks in this world and we don’t need anymore. Texting while driving the most dangerous thing you can do, you could end your life and someone else’s by doing something that stupid. I really don’t understand the to text while driving behind the wheel. It seems to me that whatever someone is texting you can wait until you are parked in your destination. There is a wreck being caused everyday because of some stupid such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or not paying attention. If drunk drivers are arrested for drunk driving and giving a DUI, why shouldn’t someone that is texting behind the wheel get the same treatment. Teens are not the only people that text while driving, adults do it to. So I don’t think they should try to pin all this on teens because that is not right. I don’t get how you can text and see where you driving. Now if you can text and not look at the phone and still drive you got to be a pro.
Article 3
Wow! This article is real crazy. Why would you want to blame the I phone because you can’t eat. The iPhone is just another cell phone it just is a better upgraded phone, This article is displaying bad things about the little contraption. I feel that the person that wrote this article just doesn’t like the iPhone. I am really questioning how the person looks that wrote this crazy article. The iPhone doesn’t have anything to do people not being able to eat how they suppose to. If they had any sense or common sense they would know not to follow that tells you how to eat during the day. A phone is just a phone its is for talking and texting. You have your own mind now why would you want to listen to a phone tell you how to eat nobody may know. I think you got to be slick slow to let a phone tell you what to do. To tell the truth whoever got a eating disorder by listening to a phone probably already had one. They should be focusing on how them people down their food a day. The experts shouldn’t try to be so concerned on the phone they should be concerned about the crazy people that are listening to it.
Article 4
To me appearance is a big thing. On the other hand the students of Morehouse College shouldn’t be told what to wear. They acting like those students are in high school, middle school, or elementary. Morehouse is a college you are suppose to be free when you get to college. I thought when you get to college you are able to wear what you want. That is not a private college it is a public college. In plus, the school is a all boys school now why would want all them young men to look the same. The students are not being distinguished with their real personality, if they are trying to be or look like someone else. A dress code does not have to be enforced on these young men, its not like they are trying to look good for someone its not even any females there. I understand that you have to dress the part if you go to Morehouse, that’s the college Martin Luther King Jr. attended why would you not want to dress the part. They should be trying to set examples for the young men in the world, but it does not take all this.
Article 5
I really do agree with this article. I am a junior so next year I am going to be a senior so I have to saving u money for college. My parents don’t have the type of money that the colleges are asking for anyway. I will have to have an academic scholarship based on my mothers income. Why should they be asking for so much money just to get an education. They should be wanting to lower the prices on the tuition and stuff for the young children that are trying to do some with their lives. These colleges these days are acting like the people have big money, do they know that people are still going through the recession. Money isn’t coming easy these days with the problems of medical bills, and car notes, and house bills(141). Another problem is people are losing their jobs too. If you don’t have a job you can not provide for your self nor your children. With the government and economy raising prices of everything who can afford college. That is why so many students don’t finish school because of these crazy prices. For students to afford college they will have to go on a scholarship.
I feel that new policy at Morehouse is a great idea. I don't like seeing men walk around sagging. I understand that you cant change how a person views themselves. If a man wants to be a women then so be it, you cant make him dress as a man.As for the part about sagging pants, I feel like that is not showing a characteristic of being a true man. You should always carry yourself in a good way because first impression are the ones that really count. For example, if you went to the doctor and your doctor was dressed unprofessional would you allow him to check on you? I doubt that very seriously.So the policy that Morehouse has put into place is not there to discriminate agaisnt anyone. Its has been set into place to prepare students for the real world. I dont understand why the students might complain about the policy because most students attend a high school were sagging was not allowed. So that is my opinion on the topic.
For my response on Teen Pregnancy Stats is that I disagree to the dialog. As a teen I don't get certain ideas or assumputions from watching television. I believe that the youth should have common sense not to do what is shown on a show. I personally believe that if you want to blame the reason why there's so many upcoming mother's and father's, which are mostly teens, you should blame the teens who are becoming parents. They are at an age of making life decisions, they should know by now that what they're about to do or doing is wrong. The people who conitnue to do so put themselves in that position in the long run. So it's not about the television shows, it's about the young adults choices they make for themselves to end up being parents at a early age. So if you're a teen reading this, make sure you think on what might occur in your future. Also consider your dreams cause by having kids at an early age can put your dreams on hold.
For my response on Texting While Driving is that I absolutely agree to the message they are trying to put out there. I can say for myself that I don't text while driving cause i believe its not safe. Trying to text while you drive takes time to do and while trying to attempt this process many things might happen like for insists a car crash, you could hit a person while their walking, or someone could easily rob you. When I say you can get rob i mean car jack cause the time you take your eyes off the road someone could have easily walk up onto your car. In the article it states let someone else text for you while you constrate on the road which is a good solutiion for some people. It is really best if you just continue texting when you make it to your destination. That article is so true and i believe we all should make an effort to become safe drivers and put on communication devices away until we're are done drivng.
I disagree with this posting because the idea of teenagers getting sexually influenced by television is preposterous, no matter how many hours of television they watch.Most sexual encounters by teens are usually spur of the moment or peer pressure influenced not television. First, most people develop their morals by the time they are 14 and know that television isn't the best place to get them so in my opinion this study is irrelevant. I also disagree with Anita Chandra's arguments, a child can watch tv for 12 hours and not get one sexually suggestive image, or they can watch television for 30 minutes and be exposed to sex;it all depends on what you allow your child to watch. While television can be sexually suggestive parents always look for a scapegoat to blame, I think that television isn't connected to teenage pregnancy but rather parents are to blame. If you have a talk with your child, the child will feel like they have someone to talk to about sex and guidance beyond what some one else,who's not on television, tells them. Actually, most television stations show public service announcements about this very topic. So, is tv really to blame I think not.
TEEN PARENTHOOD
I think its important to respond to this article is that teen is having sex and being mother or father. Its of the fact that the media is showing sex or talking about sex on TV. The media need to stop showing sex on TV because young people is having sex and having kids form it. My views on the issues is that the media is showing sex on TV and young people is being mother or father because what that see on TV. It affect me and society is that young people is having kids before they get out of high school and some of them is dropping out of school to take care of there child. Its also showing sex to small kids and they would start would start having sex. The possible solution to the issues is that the media need to stop showing sex on TV and young kids or teenager need to stop looking at it.
TEXTING WHIEL DRIVING
It important to respond to this article is that teens and grown up in texting and diving. The article shows the risk of texting while driving the ones who is texting and diving are more likely to get in a car crash then the ones who are not texting when driving. My views on this article are that texting while driving is a most dangerous thing to do because you or someone can get kill. This affect me and society is that people is texting and driving at the same time. Its killing young people and everyone in the way. The possible solution to the issues is that people need to stop texting and driving at the same time or when you driving and you have to text someone pull over and get out of the way.
IPHONE TIRGGER BULIMIA
Its important to respond to this article is that iPhone or the smart phone is causing eating disorder. In the article it says that”smart phone and iphones application allow users to monitor their calorie intake and body weight.” And it triggers eating disorder. My views on this article are that it good to monitor what you eat but don’t over do it. In today time it important to eat good foods and it’s also good to eat bad foods sometimes. But people just over doing things and it’s haring them. This can affect me and society it can help us eat better but it can start disorder. The possible solution for this issue is to which what you doing so you wouldn’t get an eating disorder.
MOREHOUSE
Its important to respond to this article is that Morehouse is changing the dress code and people think that they discriminating on gay men. But Morehouse is thinking that men need to dress in the “appropriate attire”. My views on this article is that a grow man can were what he want to were even he’s were women clothing. Also people need to stop thinking that Morehouse is discriminatory against gay or transgendered student and that Morehouse have a rich historic institution. It affects me and society is that gay or transgendered men can go to whatever college they want to go to without someone discriminating them. Also people need to respect gay or transgendered men. The best possible solution to this issue is that Morehouse have appropriate attire for all of the men that go there or planning to go there.
Event1: Teen pregnancy
My opinion on teen pregnancy that if you’re in school you shouldn’t be focused on sex, you should be focused on your education. It’s hard enough for some parents to take care of their children. Taking care of new born is very expensive. I feel that if you get pregnant at a young age, you should take on adult responsibilities. When teenagers have sex, they should know what they are getting their selves into. They know the consequences and the responsibilities that come with it. I understand that children, well kids make mistakes but, you have to make smart mistakes. For examples, if you decide to have sex, at a young age, USE A CONDOM!!!!! If you decide to smoke or drink, LEARN HOW! Those are just some examples. I’m just trying to run across to people. Then teenage girls these days think it’s cute! It’s not cute!!! Well basically what I’m trying to say is keep your legs closed and you won’t get pregnant!
Event2: texting while driving
Let’s talk about texting while driving. Texting while driving is very dangerous. You should be looking at the road and not your cellular device! Texting while driving is at more risk or having car accidents. Statistics show that 61 percent of teen admit to texting while driving habits. Teenagers got it bad. I feel that because innocent people are dying all because of people not paying attention to the road. Texting while driving is a major distraction. It distracts the eyes from the road and the hands for the steering wheel. Hahaha I just found that very funny because people are so worried about what’s on the phone then their life. Think about it…Your life or the cell phone??
Event3: Morehouse’s new dress code
Statistics show that 95 percent of the students on the campus of Morehouse University feel that appearance matters to them. To be honest, I feel the same way. Students sagging, headgear, women’s underwear is not for the public. It’s personally for you, not for the entire human race. Uniforms are great. Fantastic. Wonderful to me because being out of uniform is unapporiate for the school. Being out of uniform can cause problems. It can cause sexually harassment and other things in that nature. Sex harassment, you say?? I say that because young and older men have a tendency of wanting to put their hands on younger women. Who let them?? The young and older gentleman thinks that because and only because the young women let them. They wear their breast out and butt area because they want attention. They have low self esteem. If you carry yourself like a lady, you will be treated like one but, if you carry yourself like trashy chick, then you will be treated like one.
Event4: college is too expensive
I feel that if you think college is too expensive, you should work to get a scholarship. Statistics show that the cost to attend college keeps going up everyday. Often faster than inflation. The amount of loans taken out to pay for tuition fees, books, and dorm rooms continue to rise. If you work hard to stay in school and do your work like you suppose, someone will notice the potential you have and d try more to help you. By getting a scholarship you have to have good grades. Well not really. It can be for academics, extracurricular activities, or even the lottery scholarship. If you get a scholarship, you will have to keep it. You can’t be skipping classes, fighting, partying and doing unnecessary things that doesn’t involve in your life or your dreams/goals. Finical aid can also help you. It helps the people that don’t have the money for their selves. The published prices at 4-year colleges in the United States rose by an average of 4.4percent to 6.5percent for in-state students at four year colleges.
COLLEGE TOO EXPENSIVE?
It important to respond to this article because I would go to college soon and tuition is going up. Every year the tuition is going up and people don’t know how to pay it. My views are that colleges need to stop rising the cost of college so more people can go to college. The more and more the cost goes up the less and less people go to college. It affect me and society in that people don’t know how to pay for there college education. Some of us want to be successful in life but it cost too much. The best possible solution is that people need to work hard and get a full scholarship to go to college.
This article is very important to respond to because I am one of those teens, who sit up and watch TV for hours. I witness a lot of sexual activity that can lead to teen pregnancy. The things that are showed on most of these TV shows shouldn't be showed at all because; teen pregnancies are real big this year, Girls as young as 14 are having babies. The TV shows are advertising sex like it's a good thing. I don't think they should do that, There are more children watching TV than adults, As they get older they're going to think that is ok to have sex. This situation is going to blow out of proportion if they do something about the explicit TV shows. This affects our society in a really big way. Children having children is not the best thing right now. These young girls can't afford to take care of a baby, when they can't take care of themselves. The TV network should think about what they show on television. They should advertise more safe sex ads, of better yet show things that teach about sex and the risk of teen pregnancies. Most likely things would probably change.
First and foremost I fully agree with the article. I've seen people driving while sending text messages who are all in my lane and it's frightening that people are so ignorant and have to read and send the messages that urgently that they are willing to put them, other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and anyone else in the vicinity in danger just to LOL smiley face when they can pull over or just wait until they stop. But I do disagree with Professor Sabella, I feel as if the exact opposite is true. Teens now will just ridicule said positive role model and pass him/her off as lame. In, my opinion to understand why this is you really have to be a young adult. Most teens are rebellious and decide to do the exact opposite and showing a positive role model will just further intensify the problem, so in a way a positive role model will actually encourage such behavior.The best solution to stopping teens from texting while driving is to add a new set of consequences, restricting use of automobiles, or show more P.S.As like the one on the page.
Teen Pregnancy Stats
In today’s Society, There are teenagers who are getting pregnant at a young age. Pediatrics says it’s a distinct possibility. I don’t think teenagers are getting pregnant for watching any type of TV. I think they are just letting people get into their minds and influencing them to do something they really don’t want to do. Teenagers face many of the same obstetrics issues as women in their 20s and 30s. However, there are additional medical concerns for younger mothers, particularly those under 15 and those living in the developing. As teenagers watch those types of things on television, I think it kind of influence them but I don’t think it really makes a difference in what they want to do. I think teenagers are going through peer pressure and making wrong decisions in their life. I don’t find it surprising like Jane Brown states because there is most teenagers watch about three hours of television. It’s a cumulative effect. Teenagers face many different kinds of Consequences, Commitments, and Contraceptives in their life but I think it’s a depiction of appropriate behavior. If teenagers are facing a pregnancy, it is no time to make a decision without thinking it through. I think parents should watch what their teenagers are watching because it can interfere in their life and something’s on television is not good to be seen. Parents should check into there teenagers personal life to see what they are doing.
For my response on iPhone trigger Bulimia, this is ridiculous how can a iphone or phone make someone have an disorder? It's like saying a mp3 player makes you delirious. Which is some what funny, they're once again blaming an irrelevant object in their problem by trying to find a solution. This article in my opinion is ludicrous, the expert is probably crazy from smoking on something! This is just unreal if you believe the nonsense of this article then you're just as crazy. Gee-wiz why blame an electronic device for a disorder? This is not Transformers hunny this is the real world not a movie. Whoever wrote this needs canceling because this article seems so freaking foolish. Some people probably think otherwise but I just think it's crazy. Stop blaming everything and everyone for your unhappiness or your troubles.
I agree but I feel like this article requires revision.
Technology such as the Iphone, Blackberries, and etc, are all very useful tools. Though this also presents a very prevalent problem in the attitude and the way the user uses said technology. I think that if a person develops an eating disorder that person must have already had that condition or state of mind and when they develop these conditions they again search for a scapegoat to blame it on.I also believe that bulimia can most certainly not be tied to smartphone apps, but are rather caused by the person and his/her state of mind. A solution to this problem could be to change your state of mind and release your inhibitions from what someone else thinks is beautiful because setting your standards to be on par with the media could ultimately lead to your demise.
Event 1: Teen Pregnancy Stats
If teens are watching sex shows on TV then it is most likely liable that they will become sexual active and pregnant. I feel this way because if they watch these shows then they begin to wonder and want to experience. Example, just say if a teen was home alone for a weekend watching sex shows even though they don’t know much about it most likely they would be willing to try what they see. Me being a teen I like to experiment with things but not saying that I’m sexually active if I was to sit down and watch things like that my mind would begin to wonder and want to try. In today society there are a lot of counts of teen pregnancy but if their minds were set on their education like they are suppose to be then mistakes like that wouldn’t happen. So yes I do feel that TV can set a teens mind on having sex with certain kinds of shows.
Event 2: Texting While Driving
Image yourself in a car and your texting not paying attention to the road and all of a sudden you crash. Texting while driving can cause many different problems on the road. The use of a cellular device while operating a vehicle is very dangerous, to your life and others. Teens these days have a bad habit of texting and if they are driving and a text message happens to come threw on their phone they begin to read it and reply back to it. While on the road and texting your attention isn’t on the road it’s on the phone and you will cause multiply problems. Example, if I am in the car driving and texting , then someone pulls out in front of me I want be able to react quickly enough and something would occur that didn’t have to happen. Texting while driving is very hazardous and dangerous.
Event 3: Morehouse’s New Dress Code
At Morehouse University has a new dress code that I think more colleges should have. I think uniforms are the on of the best things that has happened to any school. Why? Because uniforms make the college campus look so more organized. With uniforms that keeps down a lot of problems and keeps certain attention off most students. 95 percent of students feels that their appearance matters. They might not like the ideal of uniforms but they just don’t know that it’s only for their good. Headgear, sagging pants, and clothes that expose the body are inappropriate for a learning environment. It can be hazardous to others learning and cause failure. If everyone wants to be treated equally then they should dress equally.
Event 4: College Too Expensive
Yes, colleges are to expensive when you have to pay for them out of pocket. Therefore, I feel that the expense of colleges make teens not want to deal with the college life. In today’s society there are different methods of handling the cost of colleges. If you take care of your business in school and score high on your ACT you will be liable for the academics scholarship. If you feel that you aren’t smart enough to accomplish that the you always can get a scholarship in extracurricular activities or the lottery scholarship. Also, another way that could help you pay for colleges is the Finical Aid program that most colleges offer once you are accepted. In my thoughts colleges are too expensive but at the same time they aren’t because there are many different ways that can help you pay for college.
I think that this is a good idea for Moorehouse to install this initiative.I've read the revision and found two really big problems with it so far. Problem 1: some people express themselves by wearing female clothing, some could argue that this imposes on the gay and transgender population's rights. Problem 2: I don't get the thing with the hoodies and I don't feel like that should have been included because I don't think that they're a very big distraction. Although there are a lot of things I can agree with, like the modern Renaissance clause. Moorehouse, a traditionally black male school's students are often stereo typed and as men of distinction, young black men must uphold a certain image to maintain our lively hood, the same is true with black institutions.In conclusion I think that some of the amendments to the dress code are with in their rights and that they are only one of the first few institution to make provisions such as these and if all goes well more institutions will follow, and if not it could turn into publicity leading to greater monetary growth either way.
I think that this is a good idea for Moorehouse to install this initiative.I've read the revision and found two really big problems with it so far. Problem 1: some people express themselves by wearing female clothing, some could argue that this imposes on the gay and transgender population's rights. Problem 2: I don't get the thing with the hoodies and I don't feel like that should have been included because I don't think that they're a very big distraction. Although there are a lot of things I can agree with, like the modern Renaissance clause. Moorehouse, a traditionally black male school's students are often stereo typed and as men of distinction, young black men must uphold a certain image to maintain our lively hood, the same is true with black institutions.In conclusion I think that some of the amendments to the dress code are with in their rights and that they are only one of the first few institution to make provisions such as these and if all goes well more institutions will follow, and if not it could turn into publicity leading to greater monetary growth either way.
My response for Morehouse's New Dress Code is that while i was reading this article I could comprehend on why they want the men of tomorrow to dress appropriate. These young men might become one of the nation's leader but how can someone take them serious with the attire they have on? For you to be taken serious and respected by others you should change your appearance to something more sophisticated. No firm or business company would want to hire someone where they can see the applicants underwear. No woman would want to date a man who dress in that attire. These men should be letting their boy days go and become the men that they say they are. For the issue of the men who dress feminine, you attended college to become someone and getting there takes time but while trying to reach your goal you have to get an job. Maybe as an intern at the occupation you want to persue but if you enter the place of work with feminine clothes on that might give others the wrong impression of you.
Article one
A recent article states that TV is linked to most of teenage parenthood. Although I am a teenager, I hat to agree. With all the music videos, that portray sex kids are watching and thinking that is what they are suppose to be doing. Some even want to be a video vixen. Now I must say not all teenagers’ art thinking like that, and tv does not influence everyone of them. Their environment they live in plays a major roll in what they do and how they behave. One source stated” by the age of sixteen, teens who watch a lot of sexual activity on TV are more likely to be sexual active and end up pregnant or a father out of wedlock. This may be a statistic but I am a teenager and I have to say that the environment I was raised in has a lot to do with how I behave and has a major influence on the things I do to this very day. In conclusion, yes TV does have a part in what u portray in, but its a lot more dealing with the environment you were raised in.
Article two
Texting while driving, yes it sounds very dangerous. A December 2007 simulator study by Clemson University found that “text messaging and using iPods cause drivers to leave their driving lane ten percent more often”. Teenagers are at the biggest risk. It’s stated that the average teen sends or receives an average of 2,899 text messages per month. I can actually speak on the subject. I am one who texts while driving. I realize it is dangerous, but I still do it. Its an urge you get when you hear your phone ringing and u know its an text message. So, you open the message and read it. Then, you decide you just going to text back just this one time. Taking your eyes off the road to send a quick message back to a friend, you feel yourself moving lanes but you quickly move back in place before causing any danger. That’s when the pattern continues. My moms always tell me not to text while driving. Every time you take your eyes off the road that could be somebody life you could have taken. I advise everyone to stop texting while driving.
Article four
Morehouse has decided to arrange an attire policy. Appearance plays an important part in being selected for work or college interviews. This would make the entire college look more together. On the other hand it is discrimination against gays. Gays feel comfortable dressing in women clothing, its how they express them selves. I feel as though Morehouse want a certain look at the college. To me college is a place where you can experience new things and people while expressing yourself. Morehouse is known for their strong, athletic men who work hard to accomplish life long goal and succeed in life. I think Morehouse fears that their college wouldn’t be taken seriously if gays are walking around in dresses and heels at an all bys colleges. Being gay does not define your education or how people should treat you. And your clothes do not determine your orientation. If you’re gay you are jus gay. Although this may make the college look more presentable, it is also asking for these young men to change there personality and appearance to something that they are not.
Article five
In a recent article it stated that colleges are getting too expensive. As years pass by college prices rise as well. With the price of tuition, fees, books and room and board rising, and the economy making it tougher for people to save, how is one able to save and afford college. Financial aid is very helpful to most people. Honestly, most students look at the price of college and it scares them off. However, financial aid allows college to be way more affordable for all families. Statistics show that seven out of ten full time students receive some form of financial aid. Grants and loans are the most common types of financial aid. On a common website, www.peterson.com, it stated that “financial aid covers forty percent or more of the budget for full time students.” Along side grants and loans are scholarships and work study programs. They are also ways of earning money to go to college. In conclusion, no matter how high prices may be there are many ways in which you can gain help for college. College is a much in this world in which we live in today.
Event 1: Teen Pregnancy Stats
I say yes only because teens minds are so short spanned these days. I think that you are watching and constantly seeing these things happen on TV then they will think to themselves I should try this it looks harmless. Most teen’s theses days are sexually addicted. Where they are getting it from T.V, books etc. I also feel that if I was at it everyday watching these things happen on TV then I would ten to want to try it. I feel that if you is having sex while being a teen that you should fully protect your self because of while diseases out there. Really I feel tat people tend to do what they see happen around them, If parents do there job to keep there child on there rite path then we wouldn’t have this problem. This is what I feel about teen’s watching TV with sexually material.
Event 2: Texting While Driving
I feel that if you are a beginner then no you should not text while driving. The reasons I say this is because you have just learned to drive you have to always be alert and keep your eyes on the road. You can’t look down and do a text and think you know what u doing. If it’s that serious then you should pull over and do type whatever it is that you have to say then you keep going. I feel that if you have been on the road and you know what it is like then you should be fine texting and driving. People that are not beginners to the road know the business and would be able to do what that please because the know what they are doing. For an example I have witness someone eat a sandwich, drink a soda, and text all while driving a stick shift. So I know this can be done. This is what I feel about texting while driving.
Event 3: More house’s New Dress Code
I feel that if people pay there on money then they should wear whatever they want. I say that wearing a uniform shows no since of creativity a person has. I also think that sometimes if you dress the way you want then that makes you feel better about yourself knowing that you put on this and that you feel comfortable. The way you dress makes a person feel good about them selves and that they would have a positive attitude because it what they choose to wear in not know one forcing them n all down there back telling them what to wear. This is how I feel about More house new dress code.
Event 4: College Too Expensive
Yes, colleges are too expensive when you have to pay for them out of pocket. Therefore, I feel that the expense of colleges make teens not want to deal with the college life. In today’s society there are different methods of handling the cost of colleges. If you take care of your business in school and score high on your ACT you will be liable for the academics scholarship. If you feel that you aren’t smart enough to accomplish that the you always can get a scholarship in extracurricular activities or the lottery scholarship. Also, another way that could help you pay for colleges is the Finical Aid program that most colleges offer once you are accepted. In my thoughts colleges are too expensive but at the same time they aren’t because there are many different ways that can help you pay for college.
I totally agree with the article.In recent years the price after inflation generally rose at a constant rate, now the price of tuition, books, room and board, and etc. are all ridiculously climbing at a rate that is higher than the inflation of recent years can cover.Even with government grants, loans, and scholarships college is still excessively difficult to afford.
I also think that it is a good idea that students stay in town or in - state. This can help you avoid out - of- state costs, food, room and board, and will help ease some parent's minds. Also, to help ease the costs parent's can encourage their child to stay at a college and avoid switching majors.
In conclusion, I agree that like everything else our education is becoming more expensive, even with aid from scholarships, grants, and loans. I also feel as if it's a good idea for them to stay close to home and stick to one college and major. Besides, we can't all be frivolous with our money and education.
My response on College Too Expensive is that this article is very hopeful and I'm sure that those possibilities of making college affordable do work. Even though I don't attend college yet, I understand the message the author was making because their are many parents that can't keep giving their savings to their children to constantly pay on college fees. Most of the time some families live off of check by check and trying to make sure their child stays in school gets stressful. The article gives you information to make college more affordable. If I were in college I would attend a in-state college for I won't have to pay so much money and live with my parents for I won't have to pay rent as much as I would've paid on campus. This is a great solution to follow and I would suggest this article to all juniors and seniors who want to attend college.
Inappropriate shows and movies have entertained the world for many years. Victimizing the young and the old. However studies have shown that the amounts of intercourse seen on the television predict whether they become a teen parent. In response to the watching of television increases probability of teen pregnancy. I believe that this is the most ridiculous thing ever assumed. In my mind this is a double standard considering the fact that nude and inappropriate shows have been around for decades. If TV. is the blame for getting most of our generation pregnant than it should also be the blame for getting many others pregnant as well. –smile). To make a general statement that teens, like me, will get pregnant from watching TV is insane because, most of the sex scenes that are shown on the television are normally blocked out and many viewers cant getting any specific detail of what is going on, all they are aware of is someone’s feeling good. The biggest issue at hand is access to internet porn websites. Most teens and adults can utilize and abuse and computer anytime they choose. On the internet the inappropriate scenes that are viewed are not blocked and not virtually deleted A possible solution to preventing teen pregnancy and the consequences in my views doesn’t have a possibly solution. Teens are old enough to know the difference between TV and reality if they believe the actor had sex and didn’t have any consequences is reality they maybe we might have an greater issue with ignorance than exposure to different things However parents need to inform their child about safe sex and stop these outrages statistics.
In today’s society texting and other forms off technology is essential. Many Teens and even adults love to text, talk on the phone, eat, drink, comb their hair all while going 100 miles per hour in a school zone. An over exaggerating statement but, some drivers actually take part of 5 out of 6 things that I have stated. Texting while driving is dangerous because you are paying so much attention to your text message that you loss focus on responsibilies when driving. Accidents can occur at anytime, and if you are texting your are not giving the attention needed to operate a vehicle. Not only that this is irresponsible its reckless and dangerous. Studies have shown that driving while texting increases the risk of an accident more than 23 more times more than talking while driving. It’s obvious that this is true because, while some people know the keys from the back of their head others have to look down constantly at the keys while trying to drive. This issue is important to me because I love my life and wouldn’t want it to end because an ignorant driver wasn’t fully attentive to everything that was going on and collided with me. A solution to this is issue is obvious stop attempting to be a multi-tasker when someone’s life is on the line, put the phone away and read the text message once you arrive to your destination.
An iphone is such a blessing from God but in some owners believe different iphone supposedly trigger Bulimia and other eating disorders with their new application that allows people to keep track of their calorie intake. When it comes to food and weight people are always under or over doing it when they should always remain calm and not loose their minds. An eating disorder does not feel good with a skinny body. People should always remember that being considered beautiful is about health and the way you present yourself. However I don’t believe that the iphone app has nothing to do with the trigger of eating disorders we as people have to realize that this issue has been around for a very long time and the invention of the iphone is not the blame of increase of victims with eating disorders. A solution for this issue is simply stopped selling the idea of being skinny is right and having couple pounds is disgusting.
College is a place of expression where people can express the way they are without having to abide by any rules or restrictions. However for Morehouse there has been an new attire policy taken into affect. In today’ society men and women have came up with the idea of dressing inappropriate and having your pants fall below your waist is a proper way to present yourself. Many middle, high and college students have been influenced that dressing this way in an education environment is the way things are supposed to be. Although when you become a student you are an adult that should make their own descions but, the point is that dressing inappropriate in that type of environment is ridiculous. Imagine if your future boss came to you dressing the way we do, you will loose all respect for him because he didn’t carry himself in a professional manner that is appropriate for the school lifestyle. I don’t see anything wrong with the uniform policy, unless it’s not to strict and taking away from one’s personality, I just see it as a boast students need for their potential to dress professional in a environment for profection.
College-life is something every student looks forward to parties, no curfew and the most important thing the freedom that comes with being an adult. Challenges that college students face or ruthless. Many parents worry about how they are going to pay their light bill not recognizing that their child is just a few months away from graduation. In today’s society the cost of every thing is rising. We as Americans are suffering a recession that smilingly gets worst everyday. However putting a price on education is and outrage. College expenses should be decreasing instead of increasing. Stress from financial stabitly should not fall on a college student just entering the new world as an adult. Universities should realize that many students were brought into a home where theres a single parent and not enough money to cover college tuition and fees. On the other hand when it comes to scholarships most students don’t receive them but many athletes collect money from scholarships from colleges every year. The actions of the scholarship president are reveling that they only see a great number of future football and basketball players than doctors, teachers, and nurses that actually make a valid differnence in the human lives. A solution to this is to simply lower the cost of college so, the less fortunate will not be punished from where there came from and know that were they are going is the only thing that matters at this point.
Triandous Little
English III
Ms. Hill
Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is the act of sending or reading the text
messages or email while operating a motor vehicle ( such as an
automobile, truck, or train). The practice has been viewed by many
people and authorities as dangerous, has been ruled as the cause of
some motor vehicle accidents and in some places has been outlawed or
restricted.
Texting while driving leads to increase distraction behind the wheel.
In 2006, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group conducted a survey with
more than 900 teens from over 26 high schools nationwide. The results
showed that 37% of students found texting to be very or extremely
distracting. A study by the AAA discovered that 46% of teens admitted
to being distracted behind the wheel due to texting. One example of
distraction behind the wheel is the 2008 Chatsworth train collision
which killed 25 passengers. The subsequent investigation revealed that
the concuctor had sent 45 text messages while operating the train.
Texting while driving has been outlawed or is soon to be outlawed for
the drivers in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California,
Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland,
Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah and Virginia.
Triandous Little
English III
Ms. Hill
Morehouse College Dress Code
Morehouse College, that legendary institution of higher learning in
Atlanta, recently enacted a new dress codes for its all-male student body.
The dress code, called the “Appropriate Attire Policy,” is a perfect
example of the good, the bad, and even worse, the homophobic.
The policy-based on Morehouse President Dr. Robert M.
Franklin’s notion of the Renaissance Man-is part of his
“Five Wells” strategy for the all-time historically black college or
university which includes being “well read, well spoken, well traveled,
well dressed, and well balanced.”
Perhaps the most confounding, and yet revealing, a part of the
Morehouse rules is the ban on women’s dress. “No wearing of clothing
associated with women’s garb (dresses, tops, tunics, purses, pumps, etc.)
on the Morehouse campus or at college sponsored events,” reads the
policy. Placed conspicuously at the end of the dress code, and so
fundamentally different from the prohibitions that precede it, one gets
the sense that in the end, the dress code is really about that one sentence.
We are talking about five students who are living a gay lifestyle that is
leading them to dress a way that the school and its officials do not
accept or approve of.
Triandous Little
English III
Ms. Hill
Teen Pregnancy
Teenage pregnancy is defined as a teenaged or underage girl (usually
within the ages of 13-19) becoming pregnant. The term in everyday
speech usually refers to women who have not reached legal adulthood,
which varies across the world, who become pregnant.
The average age for the first menstrual period in the U.S. is 12 years
old, though this figure varies by ethnicity and weight, and first
ovulation occurs only irregularly until after this. The average age of the
first menstrual period has been declining and continues to do so.
In some societies, early marriage and traditional gender roles are
important factors in the rate of teen pregnancy. For example, in some
sub Saharan African countries, early pregnancy is often seen as a
blessing because it is proof of the young woman’s fertility. In the Indian
subcontinent, early marriage and pregnancy is more common in
traditional rural communities compared to the rate in cities.
In societies where adolescent marriage is uncommon, young age at
first intercourse and lack of contraceptive use may be factors in teen
pregnancy. Most teenage pregnancies in the developed world appear to
be unplanned. Adolescents may lack knowledge of, or access to,
conventional methods of preventing pregnancy, as they may be too
embarrassed or frightened to seek such information.
Triandous Little
English III
Ms. Hill
Why college cost so much?
When gasoline prices surged in the wake of hurricane Katrina many angry consumers
believed oil was causing price gouging. But the costs of a college education have skyrocketed,
few have accused Big Education of doing a little price gouging of its own.
But are colleges overcharging students and parents? And if not, then why is a college
education today so expensive that many can’t afford it and others can do so only by racking up
substantial debt.
While businesses are structured to keep costs low as possible, but statistics maintains that
colleges today operate on a starkly different model. They actually have an incentive to spend
money. As a result, colleges spend more money making their institutions attractive, and
charge more to attend them. Normally, competition drives prices down but apparently not in
academics.
As the cost of attending college has risen, so has the availability of student financial aid.
Students and parents who can afford the yearly cost of tuition, room and board, and books
can apply for scholarships, grants and loans to make up the difference.
In conclusion, the level of student debt has become such a sensitive issue that congress has
taken action to cut the rates on federally-guaranteed student loans.
I think the new dress code is a good decision because the school wants the students to look like professional men. Nothing is wrong with being well dressed. I don’t think the students should get upset over this new policy. The school just wants everybody to look on point, meaning nicely dressed, well groomed, and looking sophisticated. The way you dress shows a lot about a person. I think they are just getting the students ready for the real world, teaching them the correct way to dress. Going into an interview, no one is going to hire someone with baggy pants and big t-shirts. They're going to look at them in a bad way. So it's good that they are making a change in the school, they will soon get use to it. And realize that is was a very great idea. It affects the society by cleaning up our culture. Cleaning up the sagging pants, cocked hats, and the big t-shirts is really going to make a change. We are already labeled as the ones who aren't going to succeed. This would probably change the way many people think about us. They should have a proper dress code for all colleges, if you ask me.
TEEN PREGNANCY STATS
I totally disagree on this article because it does not necessarily happen to every person. For one I can use my self as an example. I watch television all the time and nothing like that come across my mind. All teens have their on mind. I believe some teens do what they hear. Some teens feel like it’s a good thing when I believe it isn’t. Some teens think it want be any consequences behind having sexual activities with another person. We should think before doing anything. Not saying that teens shouldn’t have sex but, I believe we should wait. In our current days, us teens are getting pregnant before you know it. If television is setting the teens mind on having then they should stop. I just think we should think before performing.
IPhones
I believe simply people who already suffer from bulimia are in trouble. I phones applications are the new technology to upgrade the old. The slimmer people really watch their weight anyway. So blaming some apps on a phone is a bunch of trash. Obese people want to watch their weight but they can’t because they in the fridge all the time. So again, I believe everyone should watch how many calories they eat. The diet calorie basis is 2,000 calories per day. Triggering fun is the probable word for the phones apps. Pros on that are the gps, calendars, and calling. The gps app is for when we get lost on the road; you can pull on the app and figure out where u is instantly.
Event 1: Teen Pregnancy Stats
Yes, I agree to this opinion. I believe now days are having babies because of what they see on TV. People are making more movies that are x-rated. I feel that teenagers should have more sense than to do what they see on TV. Taking care of new born is very expensive. As the economy goes, the prices are going up on everything. Watching movies can be very persuasive to teens because of their attention spans. As more movies get out with sexually explicit things in it, the teen pregnancy rates are getting higher. All because teenagers want to experience new things. Having sex has consequences and many people just don’t understand that. I understand that children, well kids makes mistakes but you have to have a mind of your own and do what you think is right.
Event 2: Texting While Driving
I feel that if you are a beginner then no you should not text while driving. The reasons I say this is because you have just learned to drive you have to always be alert and keep your eyes on the road. Statistics show that 61 percent of teens admit to texting while driving as being a habit. Many people do this but don’t think this is a problem. That’s how car accidents happen. More and more people die everyday because of texsting while driving. If people knew how serious this issue is, they wouldn’t attempt to do such a horrible thing. I feel that talking and texting should be a law not to do it while driving. While driving people will pay more attention to their phones rather than the road. It distracts eyes from the road and hands from the steering wheel. Texting while driving is very dangerous so don’t do it!
Event 3: More house’s New Dress Code
I feel that if people pay there on money then they should wear whatever they want. I say that wearing a uniform shows no since of creativity a person has. I also think that sometimes if you dress the way you want then that makes you feel better about yourself knowing that you put on this and that you feel comfortable. The way you dress makes a person feel good about them selves and that they would have a positive attitude because it what they choose to wear in not know one forcing them n all down there back telling them what to wear. This is how I feel about more house new dress code.
Event 4: College Too Expensive
College is very expensive so yes I agree. I agree to this passage because there are many things that you have to pay for. The amount of loans taken out to pay for tuition fees and dorm rooms continues to rise. If you work hard while you are in school, then your prices may be arranged at a lower rate. I say this because when you make good grades in school, many colleges tend to acknowledge you and your great work and want you to come to their school. When this happen they basically try to behind over backwards to get you and keep you in their school. If you get a scholarship you have to keep. You can’t be skipping class and/or bailing out on your studies or the things you trying to pursue. By doing well in school, it really helps you out in the long run in college.
It was kind of difficult for me to really pick a side but I finally came to a conclusion.I dont feel that college is to expensive.I believe that the money that we pay is actually returned back to us by the equipment and other necessary items we may use in class.I also feel that the money we pay for college is how the teachers or professors are paid.I do agree that the cost of the dorms are expensive.I feel that the dorms should at least include a microwave or television.I also think that in the tuition it should cover the cost of our books. I really dont understand where the money is going when we pay tuition and fees.
Article#1
This article was important for me to respond because, I am a teenager myself , and I don't think teenagers having sex and having babies at an early age has anything to do with watching TV. I wacth TV everyday and a lot it doesn't make me want to have sex or have a baby. I mean I watch The Hills, Sex In The City, The City, and etc. Them are the kind of shows that interest me, I like to watch shows like that because they have drama and sex. That's what makes the shows intresting, if it wasn't for that the shows would be boring. But that's just my opinion, I guess everybody doesn't think that way like me. I think when teenagers watch tv about teen pregnacy, that shouldn't want them to have children at a young age. Especially when they see how hard it is to raise them. I think TV scares them when it comes down to that, well at least some of them. I see how hard it is to raise a baby right now and it makes me think twice about having a baby at an early age. Yeah I use to want to have a baby until I realized that I wasn't going to be able to raise a baby at the age of 15 or 16 even 18. It might have an effect on some of the teenagers that's why parents should sit down and talk to their teens. If the parents would just sit down and talk to them about having sex and having children, maybe it would change their minds about it. If I was a parent I would talk to my children about it, because I wouldn't want them to get information from the TV nor from other sources.
Article#2
I find this second article easy to respond to because when I use to drive my mother's car I use to
text while driving. Especially when my boyfriend texted me, I just had to respond I couldn't wait!
I know that the times I did I could have had an accident, but I still it like a retared. When I texted while driving I would try to be careful, but there's no way I could while texting. I would looked down to
text for not even a second and look back up, and I'll be almost over in the othe lane. Sometimes I would have my niece in the care with me and I'll ask her to text for me. Mainly I think people should take texting while driving in to consideration, because it is very dangerous. Some people that been driving for a long time know that they know how to drive, but think they can drive and text at the same time. And they don't think that anything could happen to them while doing it, just like some teens do. I think the police officers should start paying very close attention to people texting while driving. If they do I think it would help the accidents that's caused by texting rates to go down.
Texting while driving is very dangerous. People are killing themselves for texting behind the wheel. In today’s Society, people are doing more texting while driving than anything. Texting shouldn’t be permitted while driving because texting leads to increased distraction behind the wheel; however, it causes the driver to lose focus on the road and a strong reaction. Texting is now popular on the road involving teenagers to text while driving. When it comes to texting while driving, teens are a particular risk group. Parents should teach their children to pay more attention to the road than the text messages because it’s very important. Texting is more prevalent than we may think. Text messaging has become the main form of communication among teenagers. It is very dangerous because there are people getting killed by texting and not watching the more carefully. Sometime while texting driving can cause you to lose control of the car or get out of gear. I think it is a frightening statistics among other drivers. I think texting behind the wheel should be a law saying “No Texting while driving” because it causes bad accidents. Texting behind the wheel is a number one distraction. It’s hard to watch the road and read and reply to a message. In fact, teens shouldn’t be allowed to text behind the wheel, not just teens but to all people that is driving.
Texting while driving is a major distraction. It can lead to a fatal car crash. I feel that a text message isn’t that important to the point were you need to take your eyes off the road and put your life at risk. You are not only putting your life at risk, you are also putting the lives of other drivers at risk. If you are operating a big vehicle it is extremely dangerous to take your eyes off the road. Some people don’t believe that it can ever happen to them. I feel that the law that was enforce was necessary because texting while driving is the same as drinking while driving. Also, I believe that teens are more at risk than any other group of drivers because that is what most teens spend their time doing. The same thing goes for the use of ipods while driving. Many people lose their lives to reckless drivers who are usually drunk, lets not add drivers who text while driving to cause.
Responding to this article was very easy to do for me because I have family members who are apart of these statistics. I have enough knowledge to know that Teen sex statistics make it clear that it is important to speak with teens about safe sex and appropriate sexual behavior when they were younger. That is because it's been said that by the age of nineteen, seventy percent of teenagers have engaged in sexual activity. I don’t find that hard to believe since almost every girl or guy is pressuring their girlfriends/boyfriends into sex.
While completing research on this article I couldn’t help but find these statistics unbelievable. My research indicates that the United States has the highest rate of teenage pregnancies and births in the western industrial world. Every year around 750,000 teenagers will get pregnant. Obviously, teen pregnancy is a problem in the United States. More than 2/3 of all teenagers who have a baby will not graduate from high school. This statement seemed so untrue to me only because I see young women in America every day having babies and still graduate from high school, college, and move on to become successful in life. They also end up having a vey healthy and well taken cared of child.
Basically to me, the statistics for teenage pregnancies are saying that parents of this generation don’t know how to discipline their children the correct way and that’s why they end up having babies that are having babies of their own at a young age.
Teen Parenthood
I thought it was important for me to read this article because it was discussing teens and it is important to know what is going on in the world. Teen pregnancy is playing a big part in society today. I believe the TV does not play a role on weather teens will end up having sexual intercourse. People can watch whatever they want to watch, but with the help of good parenting, sexual intercourse could be aborted. I believe the situation of teen pregnancy is slowly progressing as the world spins. The only solutions I think able to help prevent teen pregnancy are maybe youth programs and more guidance towards kids and their outside life.
This article is significant to respond to because it deserves an opinion and a way to solve this problem. I have seen a number of girls that are teenagers pregnant from 9th – 12th grade; none of them I know has a farther figure in their life. Both males and females need both of their parents in their life to stop this problem. I don’t believe that the TV is influencing teens but not enough guidance is making the situation end up as it is. The rate of teen pregnancy is slowly advancing and by looking around you see more and more of it.
My view on this issue is that TV is just entertainment, but family and friends play a bigger role and a bigger influence on teens today. If there is nobody around to tell a child what to do, their going to proceed at what they are trying to do. A parent should tell their kids what is wrong and what is right, and what to do and what not to do over and over again. Without that guidance, whom do they have to look up to besides their friends?
This issue plays a big role on society all over. Early pregnancy can really damage the teenager’s life and their education. Giving them an early responsibility and giving them a lot more problems in life. Females are at more risk of falling back in school than males are in this situation. It is possible that teens that do get pregnant lose their dreams
and their career that they want to pursuit in life. Therefore, pregnancy is playing a bigger part towards females than males.
A way I think we can solve the solution to teens abstaining from sex is by more youth programs in the city. Youth programs can get kids on the right path towards their education and dreams. They need someone who they can look up to and want to be like. In addition, another solution to this problem could be better parenting. With better parenting, kids will be able to have the right guidance in their life and with that, they are bound to stay out of more trouble than those without it.
iPhone Triggers Bulimia
This article sounds like non-sense. The only reason I think this article is important is because I might want an iPhone one day. I don’t believe a phone could make a person have a eating disorder. I believe eating disorders come from a person their self, maybe from no confidence or problems dealing with life, but a phone? That sounds impossible, more like a coincidence issue if you ask me. I really do doubt that this article is possible. I don’t believe that the app of a iPhone could trigger bulimia. I think that this theory should be put to a test and proven.
I seriously doubt that this article was real. It sounds as if it was a myth. I don’t believe that the app could affect anyone. Maybe people just happen to have iPhones with eating disorders at the same time. Maybe the person who happens to have the issue is just starving their self because their looking at what they are eating. Eating disorders to me only come from low self-esteem. Either that or just problems that you are having trouble dealing with personally.
If you are watching what you eat, I don’t think you should happen to catch a eating disorder, unless you are just starving your self. Monitoring what you eat and watching how many calories, you take in when you are on a diet helps you out a lot. Getting obsessed with the fact that you eat too much period and not eating at all is a diet gone wrong. I am pretty sure the app does not say stop eating as much as you can and your diet will be successful.
I don’t think that this issue can affect anyone, except for those who really believe it. If you have high confidence in your self and your self-esteem is high then you don’t have anything to worry about dealing with an eating disorder. If people don’t starve their selves to death and get comfortable they won’t have anything to worry about neither. The possibility of catching a eating disorder from an iPhone seems so unreal.
In that case, the chances of catching a eating disorder because of an app that you happen to have on your iPhone seems dreamlike. Eating disorders could only come from low self-esteem, curious of your body shape, or personal issues that a person is dealing with. You shouldn’t just starve yourself just because you believe an app says you eat to much. A diet doesn’t persuade you to stop eating because you weigh more than you want to.
Jabari Moore
MW4
10,29,2009
Curtario Thomas.
In this day and time, teen sex is on the rise. How ever, i disagree that the basis of teen sex is television. Yes, television does advertise sex in many different way, but every teen in this world is given a mind to make decesions declaring what actions they take in life. The environment of the teen is also a critical circumstance to look at as well. Certain teens give into the trend or drift of there peers. They see that one of there classmates is pregnant and wants to experience that feeling that that person is having. It is basiclly a emotional feeling that is making the teens have sexual intercourse and teen pregnancy.
Texting While Driving
This article is important because it contains serious information and could save someone’s life. Texting while driving is completely unsafe on the streets. A driver should be focused at all times with their eyes on the road. Talking on the phone is understandable, but texting takes danger to an advanced level. When texting you have to know what you are typing into the phone and read it over to make sure its right. It’s putting lives in jeopardy by focusing on something else besides what your doing at hand. This issue should be aborted at all cause, no matter what the driver is doing.
Texting while driving is asking for danger. Even though the driver thinks he/she can text as a expert, they still should take precaution. On the road anything can happen within a couple seconds no matter where you are. So taking your eyes away from it is putting you and your passengers in a big risk of an accident or an injury. If you have seen anybody talk on the phone while driving, you can tell his or her not fully focused.
This problem may not seem major to others, but when they get to experience the danger of it in first person, it may change their minds. Picture you and your friends in a car on the way to a party, and you are a passenger. The driver gets a text message from a friend who is already at the party. They take their eyes off the road for several seconds on a straight road. They are so into their text message that they forgot a stop sign was ahead. The driver continues past it and another vehicle smashes into the side of you all. All because of a broken focus. Now all of you and your friends contain multiple injuries and one with major injuries. In the other car was a family of four, mother, farther, son, and daughter. The Farther(the driver) is badly wounded across his forehead and the others contain minor injuries.
Just that quick multiple lives where at steak. Everyone won’t survive every time, but anything can happen. That is why it is important that this issue should stop. This problem can be aborted multiple ways. If you have a passenger, maybe you can get them to text whatever it is that you are trying to text. Also you can wait till you are not driving anymore and then text what you have to. Another solution is that you can turn off your phone as soon as you get in the car to abort any distractions or anything that could sidetrack you from what you are doing.
So its plane and simple that texting while driving is completely dangerous. No matter how good of a “texter” you consider yourself you still are being sidetrack from what you are supposed to be focused on. Your eyes and your mind should only be focused on one thing, and that is driving. If not, then many of lives are at steak including yours and others. The bottom line of this story is do not text while driving.
Jabari Moore
MW4
10,29,2009
Morehouse New Dress Code
I believe that it is appropriate that the students attending Morehouse should have a dress code uniform. If you attend an all males school, you should look somewhat presentable. Having all students dress in uniform is a great idea; it can keep everything in order and looking like businessperson instead of young men who sag their pants. This could really make a statement to those who might want to be a member of Morehouse College. To me this dress code is not really an issue. More like a series of complaints towards what they have to where.
The Morehouse uniform is appropriate for several reasons. For one, it makes the men who attend the school look more mature and more organized than not wearing a uniform. Second of all, it makes a statement towards men who look forward to attending Morehouse see what they could be apart of. The third reason is that it could keep every thing that the students do in line. Of course, people want to dress to express their self, but dressing in the Morehouse uniform expresses intelligence and pride of the school.
The way I look at this situation is that it is just a uniform of your school colors. There is no reason to complain because you want to wear whatever you want to wear. This is a reasonable situation going on. For those students who attend Morehouse that are homosexual can wear the uniform and look like young men with a bright future. Then people who are on the outside looking in on Morehouse will not show any discrimination against the students. Discrimination is a problem that I think every one should abort.
This so-called issue can affect any and everyone who even thinks of attending Morehouse. The color of your uniform would indicate school pride and determination to get a good education. If I where a student of Morehouse, I would wear it proudly every day. It could save a lot of trouble and so on down the line. It makes all the young men look more presentable. Many people wish to wear what they please to class but with the Morehouse uniform, it can put every thing in the order that it is supposed to be in. This attire could affect all of those in which who aim to get a higher education.
In this case, the uniform of Morehouse is not a problem, but a complaint from the students. The young men who attend this college should not have a problem dressing up as young men. In that case, discrimination can be aborted and problems will not exist. The students who are at Morehouse will look more intelligent and sit positive examples for those who want to attend. The new uniform policy should stay as is if you ask me.
Jabari Moore
MW4
10,29,2009
College Too Expensive
It was important to me to read this article because one day I would want to go to college. With the cost of tuition itself, college seems impossible to pay off. The only way it seems affordable is if you saved up for it or you get a free scholarship. This could affect many people because the economy alone is hard enough to deal with. The recession is putting a lot of people in a very stressing situation as is. Taking loans will help but eventually you still will have to pay it off. I do not think that there is anything that we can do about college prices.
The expensiveness of college could make several people not want to attend, Or people who kept their eye on that one special college they want to go to that is out of state, it could really put a dent in their pockets. It is hard enough trying to save a thousand dollars, let alone eight thousand. The price of college could affect every high school student without a scholarship and without money. It may take years for some to save up just to pay of the fee.
Picture a student who is at school every day with perfect attendance. Does not bother any other students and stays to their self. They work hard and study hard twice a week. Always averages about a 3.0 grade point average. His family is poor; his shoes do not look as good on the first day of school. His shirt isn’t as white as its supposed to be. He sometimes goes to sleep on a empty stomach at nights. He eventually graduates and its time for him to go to college. His family doesn’t have enough money to even pay half the college tuition. The only way he can afford it is by a student loan. Eventually he would have to pay that loan back off. That leaves him to get a job and try his best he can do.
The issue of college being expensive could stress many high school graduates out. Additionally, the price is steady rising as more and more students graduate. The only affordable colleges are community colleges, and you still have to pay a lot just to attend them also. Then after a college student pays of his/her tuition, they have to buy their books. Not forgetting if a student wants to sleep on campus they also have to buy their dorm rooms. With the way its going the college prices could forever affect society in a huge way.
In this article you can see that school is not affordable after high school for loads of graduates. The tuition is almost impossible to pay of in certain places. The only non-expensive way to get into college is buy scholarship. The economy is making hard for some families to even save $200. Asking for loans can help, but either way you still have to pay the price of college. The prices of college remain high, what can you do about it?
Jabari Moore
MW4
10,29,2009
Teen Parenthood
I thought it was important for me to read this article because it was discussing teens and it is important to know what is going on in the world. Teen pregnancy is playing a big part in society today. I believe the TV does not play a role on weather teens will end up having sexual intercourse. People can watch whatever they want to watch, but with the help of good parenting, sexual intercourse could be aborted. I believe the situation of teen pregnancy is slowly progressing as the world spins. The only solutions I think able to help prevent teen pregnancy are maybe youth programs and more guidance towards kids and their outside life.
This article is significant to respond to because it deserves an opinion and a way to solve this problem. I have seen a number of girls that are teenagers pregnant from 9th – 12th grade; none of them I know has a farther figure in their life. Both males and females need both of their parents in their life to stop this problem. I don’t believe that the TV is influencing teens but not enough guidance is making the situation end up as it is. The rate of teen pregnancy is slowly advancing and by looking around you see more and more of it.
My view on this issue is that TV is just entertainment, but family and friends play a bigger role and a bigger influence on teens today. If there is nobody around to tell a child what to do, their going to proceed at what they are trying to do. A parent should tell their kids what is wrong and what is right, and what to do and what not to do over and over again. Without that guidance, whom do they have to look up to besides their friends?
This issue plays a big role on society all over. Early pregnancy can really damage the teenager’s life and their education. Giving them an early responsibility and giving them a lot more problems in life. Females are at more risk of falling back in school than males are in this situation. It is possible that teens that do get pregnant lose their dreams
and their career that they want to pursuit in life. Therefore, pregnancy is playing a bigger part towards females than males.
A way I think we can solve the solution to teens abstaining from sex is by more youth programs in the city. Youth programs can get kids on the right path towards their education and dreams. They need someone who they can look up to and want to be like. In addition, another solution to this problem could be better parenting. With better parenting, kids will be able to have the right guidance in their life and with that, they are bound to stay out of more trouble than those without it.
Jabari Moore
MW4
10,29,2009
Article 1:Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. That is why I think it is important to respond to this article because everybody thinks differently. My opinion is that you can’t blame teenage pregnancies on teens watching to much TV. It is impossible that a couple hours of television could have such a huge affect on sum ones life. This is how I view it. Teens have a mind of their own and should take responsibility for their actions. This situation affects the society because parents will feel the need to become stricter and block channels when they could simply talk to their child and make them understand. What about all the teenagers that grew up without a child or experienced teenage pregnancy, you think they never seen anything sexually on TV? Even though I do agree that some things dealing with sex on television is inappropriate but so is violence. The only problem is that violence is allowed but we don‘t see people taking surveys to see what‘s its reaction on teenagers. Everything does not have a negative influence on children. My opinion is that they should let the kids watch to see the consequences and pleasures. Since I am against the cause I feel the solution is to let teenagers learn from their mistakes because if they do not they will continue to make them.
Article 2:Let me start off by saying you can both agree and disagree when it comes down to this issue. Even though I am only a teenager I strongly agree. It is important that I respond to this article basically because I am a teenager myself. When texting while driving it gives the oppression that you do not care about your life or another person’s life in you are putting a lot of people at risk. I myself do agree that the younger you are the shorter your attention span. So I believe that teenagers do have the biggest risk. This situation can effect the whole society both emotionally and physically. Usually the physical part comes from the car crash and usually the emotional part comes from the reaction of family members or friends if the crash is critical. A good solution would be to ban using cellular phones while behind the wheel and make it as serious as speeding because the consequences are similar. Do not be selfish care about others and stop putting other people’s lives at risk. What is so hard with waiting till you stop to use the phone? If you can not do this another helpful solution is to get Bluetooth, headset etc. anything that can keep you from getting distracted. Leave multi-tasking to the experts DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE!
Article 3:How can you blame a phone because your too thin or too big. That is ridiculous. Not to be rude but it is completely your fault if you have an eating disorder. You are hurting yourself. A phone can not tell you what to eat or when to eat. You control your body. The phone is just helping you monitor what you eat. Whether you are getting information from a phone, book, website etc. You eat what you want to eat the iphone just helps organize it better. I feel that the iphone helps because it helps you keep track and it should help you realize whether you are eating too much or starving yourself. This issue affects people who like to stay aware simply because one person is abusing the app. I mean what else is it to blame it on, right? I bet you would not blame it on the phone if you had the perfect shape, so why blame it because of your flaws. This issue should help the society realize that you should become more discipline over your diet. My solution is that if it affects you do not use it. Simple as that! No one is making you do anything. The decision is yours.
Article 4:Same issue comes from wearing uniforms in school. I understand that is a safety precaution for younger students but we are talking about college students. The most mature of all students. They should be able to express their creativity through their attire. By them being at such a high level of maturity they should be able to express themselves without conflict. I know you have heard it once, dress to impress right. If you have the decision to got to the school you choose to go to then you should have to decision to wear what you want to wear and how you want to wear it. The main focus should be about learning. They are not kids anymore they can choose what they want to where. In the long run I do believe that this will affect the society simply because everyone will not agree. Look how teenagers react to this issue by ignoring it. Now you think a grown person is going to abide by it. I don’t think so! A solution is that if they are going to make this rule official then they should provide the students with this information before registration and also providing them with the attire. Your clothing does not define your education nor does it determine your future. I find this issue immature and shouldn’t be enforced.
Article 5:Yes, college is way too expensive. I am not saying it should be the cheapest but I think that it should be at a reasonable price. My view is that it is not fair that a student that is willing to learn should be limited because of the lack of money he or she has. Even though it does make sense in a way it is still totally unfair. I think that money is the reason we have so many criminals. If they did try to do something better with their lives they could not afford it. So many people give up on their dreams simply because they can not keep up with the tuition of gets limited in class because they can not afford books. Students should be able to go to their college of choice without having money issues. This affects our society because we could have the smartest individual in the universe limited by his or her income. A better solution other than setting a person up for debt early you can make the price more reasonable. I think they should make the price higher to those that have records at an early age. They should be higher to those that played in school and did not take it seriously.
Article 1:Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. That is why I think it is important to respond to this article because everybody thinks differently. My opinion is that you can’t blame teenage pregnancies on teens watching to much TV. It is impossible that a couple hours of television could have such a huge affect on sum ones life. This is how I view it. Teens have a mind of their own and should take responsibility for their actions. This situation affects the society because parents will feel the need to become stricter and block channels when they could simply talk to their child and make them understand. What about all the teenagers that grew up without a child or experienced teenage pregnancy, you think they never seen anything sexually on TV? Even though I do agree that some things dealing with sex on television is inappropriate but so is violence. The only problem is that violence is allowed but we don‘t see people taking surveys to see what‘s its reaction on teenagers. Everything does not have a negative influence on children. My opinion is that they should let the kids watch to see the consequences and pleasures. Since I am against the cause I feel the solution is to let teenagers learn from their mistakes because if they do not they will continue to make them.
Article 2:Let me start off by saying you can both agree and disagree when it comes down to this issue. Even though I am only a teenager I strongly agree. It is important that I respond to this article basically because I am a teenager myself. When texting while driving it gives the oppression that you do not care about your life or another person’s life in you are putting a lot of people at risk. I myself do agree that the younger you are the shorter your attention span. So I believe that teenagers do have the biggest risk. This situation can effect the whole society both emotionally and physically. Usually the physical part comes from the car crash and usually the emotional part comes from the reaction of family members or friends if the crash is critical. A good solution would be to ban using cellular phones while behind the wheel and make it as serious as speeding because the consequences are similar. Do not be selfish care about others and stop putting other people’s lives at risk. What is so hard with waiting till you stop to use the phone? If you can not do this another helpful solution is to get Bluetooth, headset etc. anything that can keep you from getting distracted. Leave multi-tasking to the experts DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE!
Article 3:How can you blame a phone because your too thin or too big. That is ridiculous. Not to be rude but it is completely your fault if you have an eating disorder. You are hurting yourself. A phone can not tell you what to eat or when to eat. You control your body. The phone is just helping you monitor what you eat. Whether you are getting information from a phone, book, website etc. You eat what you want to eat the iphone just helps organize it better. I feel that the iphone helps because it helps you keep track and it should help you realize whether you are eating too much or starving yourself. This issue affects people who like to stay aware simply because one person is abusing the app. I mean what else is it to blame it on, right? I bet you would not blame it on the phone if you had the perfect shape, so why blame it because of your flaws. This issue should help the society realize that you should become more discipline over your diet. My solution is that if it affects you do not use it. Simple as that! No one is making you do anything. The decision is yours.
Article 4:Same issue comes from wearing uniforms in school. I understand that is a safety precaution for younger students but we are talking about college students. The most mature of all students. They should be able to express their creativity through their attire. By them being at such a high level of maturity they should be able to express themselves without conflict. I know you have heard it once, dress to impress right. If you have the decision to got to the school you choose to go to then you should have to decision to wear what you want to wear and how you want to wear it. The main focus should be about learning. They are not kids anymore they can choose what they want to where. In the long run I do believe that this will affect the society simply because everyone will not agree. Look how teenagers react to this issue by ignoring it. Now you think a grown person is going to abide by it. I don’t think so! A solution is that if they are going to make this rule official then they should provide the students with this information before registration and also providing them with the attire. Your clothing does not define your education nor does it determine your future. I find this issue immature and shouldn’t be enforced.
Article 5:Yes, college is way too expensive. I am not saying it should be the cheapest but I think that it should be at a reasonable price. My view is that it is not fair that a student that is willing to learn should be limited because of the lack of money he or she has. Even though it does make sense in a way it is still totally unfair. I think that money is the reason we have so many criminals. If they did try to do something better with their lives they could not afford it. So many people give up on their dreams simply because they can not keep up with the tuition of gets limited in class because they can not afford books. Students should be able to go to their college of choice without having money issues. This affects our society because we could have the smartest individual in the universe limited by his or her income. A better solution other than setting a person up for debt early you can make the price more reasonable. I think they should make the price higher to those that have records at an early age. They should be higher to those that played in school and did not take it seriously.
I think college is too expensive because people are spending lots of there money for their children to attend college. I think getting a full scholarship is the best way to go to college because at least you don’t have to pay for certain things. Without a scholarship, it’s hard to get into college because of the expenses and that includes the tuition, fees, books, and room and board. It’s true that parents give their hard-earned dollars lovingly or put themselves in debt because they want you to succeed. They want you to be the best you can be in life. If college seems to be so expensive people should a least get a student loan or a grant to get into these colleges. Sometimes it depends on the school you want to attend. Different colleges have more expenses than others. Students should try to attend an affordable college that they can afford.
Curtario Thomas
I think that texting while drivng is one of the most dangerous things you can do while operating a vehicle. In the article it says that 46% of teens sends a text behind the wheel. It puts the driver and the other drivers on the road at risk. Not everyone drives and texts, but it only takes one mastake to end one life or more. In the article it also says that if a truck driver textes while driving, it increases the chance of them having a wreck twenty-three times more than it would normally. It is important folr us to know this information because it helps us be aware and try to prevent this from causing a tragity in our community.
I think wearing uniform is a great ideal to wear because I think all young men should look professional in some kind of way and by the way you dress says a lot about a person. Dressing in formal attire tends to have people look at you in a good way. People should present themselves in a positive way at all times. Your appearance is assist on how you carry yourself. Some people on campus may like the situation but to others they may think it’s not right to change the policy because people do have different mindsets on something’s. This issue affects me and society because you can tell how a person has a good appearance on the way they dress and it just makes the environment even better. When it is coming up to wearing your type of clothing its better but wearing a uniform policy can make people not want to attend that college at all. My opinion is I think it is a great policy because it presents you in a professional way.
Curtario T.
I really dont think that using an app on a phone can trigger a eating disorder on its on. There has to be other key elements to really trigger that sort of dramatic distress. It even says that eating disorder is caused by all sorts of things so I really dont see a iphone being the cause of a person to have a eating disorder. If anything, the app would help the monitor the caloriesa and food intake so that they would get to a comfatable and healthy wieght. So, i think that the app does not have a major part in a person developing an eating disorder. This information is important to know also because it informs you on the views of other people on the app that you tend to use on a regular basis. It might either help you confirm what you already know, or inlighten you on something that you haven't been yet exposed to.
Texting While Driving
This is very difficult for me to respond to only because I’m a texter and not a driver just yet. Yet, attempting to text and drive at the same time is very dangerous. I only say that because when I begin to drive I would really hate to get into a car accident on the count of the other person wasn’t paying attention to the road because they were texting. Most times when people are texting there’s a chance that their not talking about anything important.
I feel that texting while driving is riskier than driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. According to my research, writing or reading text messages reduces reaction time by 35%. In comparison reaction time dropped 21% for those under the influence of marijuana and 12% for those who were legally intoxicated by alcohol. At times I wonder how are people able to stay in their lanes while texting and driving. Maybe the people that do it continue to practice it until they master it.
Curtario T.
I really think that the Morehouse dress code is ridiculous. The way you dress is not always how your personality is. These are grown men that are paying there money to attend one of the brightest school for men and the become treated like high school student and told what certain dress code to wear. These men should be able to wear what they want and reap the benefits of there decision. A student says in the article that
making a dress code might chane the outer appearance of a person, but it can not change there mind set. I do like that the college is trying to present there student as "Renaissance Men", but i think its time that they let them make there own decisions andn be there own man in there own way.
In this article teen pregnancy was very a high rate and tv may have been the cause. most of parents in this life dont get the chance to raise their children and be able to talk to them about sex. Teens in todays life have young mothers and father who started earliy they self, which dont have the time period. Teens dont get the knowlegd that they should
about have sex or having children.mosot teen have parents thats on drugs . so there for the child dont have have the self control or responiblity. at the same time children get rated. and end up getting preganated by a person that they dont even know at all. how would some one explain that? would you punished the child or the sex afinder? would that even be in the rate of pregnancy? teen pregnancy have been goin on since slavery. woman was have kid for their slave masters. children in that time wasnt getting any education so their wasnt much for them to do. Televison most of the time is not the cause of teen pregnancy. ther could be people sourrounded by them thats havening sex. another reason they scard to ask someone too by thenm some condoms.secondly, condome need more elistic rubber brakes. the rates in the United Stated is the second highest in our country it need tooo come to a stop....
Curtario T.
I thinkn that living at home while going to college is a good idea to save money, but I also think that it is a cruch to the college student that is staying at home with mom and dad. Yes, staying at home would cut the cost of the admittion, but it aslo cuts out that experence that a college student recieves when he or she lives on there own for the first time. In the article it says that in-state tuition would be $8,193. That is not a expensive pricew for going to college. I still think the imformation is important because it gives a student options that dont havre the fund to pay for room and board.
iPhone trigger Bulimia
Responding to this article is crucial because iPhones triggering eating disorders is a serious matter. If anyone develops an eating disorder they should get immediate help because that situation can result in death. Before reading this article I wasn't aware that iPhones could cause such a problem. My views on this article is simply that eating disorders are becoming more common with people using the iPhone as a way to keep track with their food intake causing them to start eating less or just starving themselves. No one should depend on a phone to help with their weight loss routine. I now know that iPhones aren’t a reliable source in keeping track of food intake because it will cause too much confusion of how much weight you’re gaining. This issue affects me and society because too many people are becoming victims of iPhones causing eating disorders. Over majority of people now and days are getting submerged in this iPhone epidemic. Everyone finding a healthier way to keep track of their food intake would be the best solution for this issue. A healthier solution would be just a fruit diet or cutting back on eating junk food. In my opinion I believe that people don’t want to take responsibility for their actions so they blame their illness on an iPhone. For example if I rob a bank the iPhone did it.
dring while driving is not such a great idea thats because when you are texting you will have too look at your phone to look at all your keys. driving you will have too pay attention to all of the road sides car and signals. therefor driving and texting is not a good combanation. in this year most of your wrecks come from driving while texting and or on the phone. to make everything better and some people ignor phone companies hand bluetooth, headsets,ect while you are driving. also they have in the newer dates of car the have radio headsets. texting while driving should be a law . you should be able too get a ticket for texting. people texting and not paying attetion to what they are doing and head people and cause a lost soul because of a driver that is texting.when a driver is texting the normal have one hand on the string wheel some use the finger or use the knee. reckless the tennessee law states that all drivers should have both of their hand on the wheel.the most people that drive while texting are teenages the are the most rate that is texting while driving and been killed in accidents.
Here is the article:http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-11-03-tv-sex_N.htm
I think it was important to respnd to this article to show that is not the real cause of teen parenthood. When they say that by watching TV, and that are sexual things on TV true, but that wouldn't make someone go and do what they see. Not everyone watch sexual thing on to and it has an affect on them, that just for the immature teens that has not aged to maturity.They fail to realize teens these days go thorugh peer pressure form their surrounding .That is one way that teens are becoming parents, because of the people around them are having sex and getting pregnant so they are encouraged to do it also. This hass and affect on me, because i have friends that are doing things that they see others doing so they beleive it's cool.It leaves them with things that they wish they could take back. In today's society athere are alot of people easily getting influenced and it's not by watchong Tv. The way you can solve this is by surrounding yoursef by people that want to encourage you to do right instead of telling their friends it's ok to be doing what they're doing.
College too expensive
I found making a response to the article was painless. I say this only because college these days are very expensive, you can’t even say, “hello” to someone without being charged-just kidding. Everyone doesn’t have the amount of money that colleges are asking for in order to learn and continue being educated in their establishment. I’m hoping to be considered for a scholarship to get into college because my parents are living for just one day at a time and they don’t have time to think about the future. My mother is a house wife, she was laid off from her last job, and my step-father is a truck driver ho only makes enough to pat the bills. With parents like these and no inheritance nor a trust fund; how am I expected to meet the expenses of college? I’ve always dreamed of attending Vanderbilt University or Tennessee State University, with the expenses of college rising and only a few scholarships given out a year there’s no probability that I will be able to fulfill my dream of becoming a pediatrician.
Brandon Spearman
English III
Ms. Hill
Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is the act of sending or reading the text
messages or email while operating a motor vehicle ( such as an
automobile, truck, or train). The practice has been viewed by many
people and authorities as dangerous, has been ruled as the cause of
some motor vehicle accidents and in some places has been outlawed or
restricted.
Texting while driving leads to increase distraction behind the wheel.
In 2006, Liberty Mutual Insurance Group conducted a survey with
more than 900 teens from over 26 high schools nationwide. The results
showed that 37% of students found texting to be very or extremely
distracting. A study by the AAA discovered that 46% of teens admitted
to being distracted behind the wheel due to texting. One example of
distraction behind the wheel is the 2008 Chatsworth train collision
which killed 25 passengers. The subsequent investigation revealed that
the concuctor had sent 45 text messages while operating the train.
Texting while driving has been outlawed or is soon to be outlawed for
the drivers in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California,
Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland,
Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah and Virginia.
Brandon Spearman
English III
Ms. Hill
Teen Pregnancy
Teenage pregnancy is defined as a teenaged or underage girl (usually
within the ages of 13-19) becoming pregnant. The term in everyday
speech usually refers to women who have not reached legal adulthood,
which varies across the world, who become pregnant.
The average age for the first menstrual period in the U.S. is 12 years
old, though this figure varies by ethnicity and weight, and first
ovulation occurs only irregularly until after this. The average age of the
first menstrual period has been declining and continues to do so.
In some societies, early marriage and traditional gender roles are
important factors in the rate of teen pregnancy. For example, in some
sub Saharan African countries, early pregnancy is often seen as a
blessing because it is proof of the young woman’s fertility. In the Indian
subcontinent, early marriage and pregnancy is more common in
traditional rural communities compared to the rate in cities.
In societies where adolescent marriage is uncommon, young age at
first intercourse and lack of contraceptive use may be factors in teen
pregnancy. Most teenage pregnancies in the developed world appear to
be unplanned. Adolescents may lack knowledge of, or access to,
conventional methods of preventing pregnancy, as they may be too
embarrassed or frightened to seek such information.
Brandon Spearman
English III
Ms. Hill
Morehouse College Dress Code
Morehouse College, that legendary institution of higher learning in
Atlanta, recently enacted a new dress codes for its all-male student body.
The dress code, called the “Appropriate Attire Policy,” is a perfect
example of the good, the bad, and even worse, the homophobic.
The policy-based on Morehouse President Dr. Robert M.
Franklin’s notion of the Renaissance Man-is part of his
“Five Wells” strategy for the all-time historically black college or
university which includes being “well read, well spoken, well traveled,
well dressed, and well balanced.”
Perhaps the most confounding, and yet revealing, a part of the
Morehouse rules is the ban on women’s dress. “No wearing of clothing
associated with women’s garb (dresses, tops, tunics, purses, pumps, etc.)
on the Morehouse campus or at college sponsored events,” reads the
policy. Placed conspicuously at the end of the dress code, and so
fundamentally different from the prohibitions that precede it, one gets
the sense that in the end, the dress code is really about that one sentence.
We are talking about five students who are living a gay lifestyle that is
leading them to dress a way that the school and its officials do not
accept or approve of.
Brandon Spearman
English III
Ms. Hill
Why college cost so much?
When gasoline prices surged in the wake of hurricane Katrina many angry consumers
believed oil was causing price gouging. But the costs of a college education have skyrocketed,
few have accused Big Education of doing a little price gouging of its own.
But are colleges overcharging students and parents? And if not, then why is a college
education today so expensive that many can’t afford it and others can do so only by racking up
substantial debt.
While businesses are structured to keep costs low as possible, but statistics maintains that
colleges today operate on a starkly different model. They actually have an incentive to spend
money. As a result, colleges spend more money making their institutions attractive, and
charge more to attend them. Normally, competition drives prices down but apparently not in
academics.
As the cost of attending college has risen, so has the availability of student financial aid.
Students and parents who can afford the yearly cost of tuition, room and board, and books
can apply for scholarships, grants and loans to make up the difference.
In conclusion, the level of student debt has become such a sensitive issue that congress has
taken action to cut the rates on federally-guaranteed student loans.
Here is the article:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/29/scitech/pcanswer/main5274193.shtml
I think that it's important to respond to show that it's not safe for anyone to text while driving. In the article when they said that teens are at more risk. I believe that is true, because where not preofessional drivers and we loose focus faster than the adults. Teens are the most people that are having car accidents. I agree with them that you shouldn't make to shock people. It would be inapropriate for some people. This affect me today, because im a teen myself, and I can tell you if I'm texting while drving I wouldn't be concentrating on the road. This affects society, because their are alot of people loosing their lives, because someone wasn't paying attention, because they were texting.
Here is the article:http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/10/15/morehouse-institutes-attire-policy-.htmlI believe it is important to respond to this article, because I have an opinion. In this article it states that they should dress like a “Renaissance Man”. To me I think that since you’re in college not high school they can’t tell any student hoe to dress. Everyone doesn’t change their personality. They believe since they want them to dress like Renaissance men they would act like that. If a person is wearing a suit doesn’t mean their intelligent. Anyone can put on a suit and look the part and not act the part. So I think the uniform is not necessary for changes students. It shouldn’t matter what they wear, but how they carry their self in what they’re wearing.
Here is the article:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/21/AR2009102103664.htmlI think it is important to respond to this article, because it me an understanding of college. I haven’t been to college yet, but from reading the article I see it’s hard for some people. In the article it talks about the tuition and fees and room and board to attend college. Being in college does take a lot of money if you want a good education. If you don’t have a scholarship you’re going to struggle. Each year the prices go up on how much the tuition and room and board is. I believe that they shouldn’t make it be so hard to get an education that’s why certain people from bad neighborhoods aren’t able to go to college, because it’s not affordable for them with the economy getting bad it’s hard to keep money as said in the article. The way they can solve the problem with the prices is by talking with the president of the school to find a way for everyone to attend college.
Morehouse has a dress code. i think that they should have dress because who would want too see a young man walking around with their pants below their waste. its not just the young men it the ladies as well who would want too see them walking around with their clothes all half off. Morehoue have poeple all around the world to come vist, tours and ect.In time this was the school that the man had the dream for everyone too have an equal right.why wouldnt respect the the dress code. why wouldnt you respect the adminsion order. this is a school of learing not a fashion show. why is it important to go to school with your pants hanging down clothes half off. Its not that need for some one too some point of view.Morehouse it a school of achievement nothing but greatness comes from Morehouse so why not dress as greatness people why not set you your dress as the school it took time and effort to get there now it time and effort too dress the oppertate way.
iphone trggers bilmia. i think in my oponion that iphone should have the right too have weight because most of the time it comes with the phone. making the phone as a eating disoreder is shouldnt b a problem. iphones and smart phhones are use too dialoge different kind of thing that you may assect.Most smat phones and i phones encourges the weights and diet obsession. proven on most phone the people that is over weighted think about food in all of their. days times iphones and smart phones not only have people that over weighted its some iphone keep people healthy. that have their plan. another one they have tips on how too cook fod and whats the bad ingredients and healthy ones. iphone aand smart phone are not always bad for the healthy if u read the plan and heathy plan
Well i dont agree with that because not every teen watch tv exspecially not no 3 hours a day.Teens get pergnant because some dont use pretection,some be a mistake and some just want baby cause thats how they feel love.What i mean is that its some teens out here really dont believe in protection and thats welling to have sex with out codoms.If they do in up getting pergnant they dont be surprise or shock because they know they dont use protection.We have some teens that have sex but dont attend to get pergnant but things do happen when we do have sex or use protection or birth control.Thats why they say aint nothing 100% that can stop pergance.Then we do have the teens out here that want kids and that either come from,they feel by having a baby they will have someone to love and that will love them back.Some have kids because they parents had kids at an early age.We cant just blame it on the tv because its not just the tv by itself.Its the real world to well basically reality.
I agree we shouldnt txt while driving because it can cause worse accident than normal accidents.It doesnot allow you to concentrate or focus on what you doing or going.I think its safer talking on a blue tooth than txting any day but still both of them is not safe though.I think while driving our minds surpose to be just focus on the road.Not saying you cant glace at the phone when a txt message come threw or not pick up the phone if a call come threw because you never know it can be important or some might be wrong but we shouldnt make it a habbit.Its already kinda hard trying not to have an accidents while driving exspecailly us teens.Some of us have to hear be careful were you going and how long you gone be gone before they hand us the keys.If they hear about us having an accident because we were txting or on the phone while driving how you think they will respond after they check and make sure we alright soooo take time driving and concentrating on the road before responding to a txt that dont mean a thing.
Well i agree if these new iphones is causing people to stop eatting on regular basic like they use to.I think they need to find a new way to keep up with intake on food because like they say not eatting on the regular basic like you should could cause problems and may even deaf.I dont think you should stop eatting just watch what you eat if you think what you eatting aint good switch to some better and i dont think you should save in the iphone what time you ate but did you eat so you can know you shouldnt eat it again the same day unless its some healhty but dont stop eatting just change what you eat if its unhealhty.
Well i dnt agree because i believe everyone should dress the way he or she want to dont nobody want to walk around dress like next person.You right we dress the way we dress because it express us and how we carry our self.Some of us do carry our self in the wrong way but i dout that it we got to a job interview half us would dress the way we do because 9 times out 10 we know we relly need that job or we just know when to dress the right way.Not saying that everyone goes to a interview dress the right way them be the ones that relly dont care.We already have a fin for swagging pants anyway so i dont think they should punish us anymore
Now i agree it really is starting to cost to much to go to college.I know its financial aid out but as room and boarder keep rising we going to be paying financial aid off for the rest of our life.Not everyone can get schalarships but not saying we aint trying.Its just we can be book smart but not like others.Its sports shalarships out here to but we want some to fall back on if we dont want to contiue with the sport shalarship because its alot of teens out here that can go to school because of what they good at but 9 times out 10 we dont want go because we was good at this but cause we amart and kept a accetable GPA.From the looks of it everyonre want make it to college because it keep rising and to be honest some us dont have it like that.They making it easy for us now all we have to have is high school diplma.
I find this article very unbelievable because I honestly don't think that TV is the main reason that kids start having sex or become teenage parents.I say this because I myself am a teenage child and I didn't start having sex based on the TV shows that I've watched.It was something that I felt I was ready to try.Some teenagers go to sex for their own personal reasons such as some teenagers go to sex because they feel that since their not getting the love that they want at home they can get it some where else.Many teenagers try sex because they have friends who are having sex.I am not saying that TV isn't a reason that some kids have sex or are becoming teenage parents I'm just saying it's not the main reason.I myself am pregnant but it was not because it was something that I wanted to do.It was just something that happen.I don't regret getting pregnant I just regret getting pregnant so early.Then you have some teenagers who become parents because they didn't use protection.Some teenagers make the decision to have babies or have sex out of spike then again you have some that just like having sex and making babies for what reason I don't know.
I think that people should not text while driving because it causes wrecks.I say this because I've actually witness some accidents that could have happen from texting but the person looked up just in time.Texting while driving can be prevented if you just wait til you get to a 4-way stop or something to respond to a text instead of trying to do both drive and text.I think that people really don't see how texting while driving is wrong until they actually have or has been in a wreck that is caused by texting.I see people who text and drive and know they be in the wrong but still want to get mad at the person that they hit.Texting shouldn't be that important to were you could be putting another person or yourself in harms way.I just think people should be more careful and pay more attention to the road instead of their phones especiallt us teenagers.I say this because teenagers have a habit of picking up the phone everytime we think we get a text message.Teenagers need to be more aware then adults because we tent to do it more than adults.
I believe that after reading that article most teen pregancy's are caused by to much television. Any teen who watches alot of television is more than likely to exposed to sexual content. Most television shows now and days use sexual content as a way to sell their product. As these teens see this advertissment they assume that it is norm to perform these actions as Dave Walsh of the National Institute said in the article. I also believe that parents not talking to their children is also a major reason reason why they may become a teen mother or father.
Texting while driving has been proven by the VirginiaTech Transportational Institute, to cause a crash to happen more than 1.3 times than not texting at all. Study's also show that texting takes away a driver's focus from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds,which is enough time to travel the length of a football field. When it comes to texting and driving teens are at the risk because of their lack of focus and inexperience behind the wheel.
The new iphone could trigger some bulimia. The new apps on the iphone allow you to monitor your calories, body weight, and could trigger an eating dissorder. also the iPhone allows you to keep an journal which has been sayed to be an effective weight loss tool. Eating disorders are complex and very unpredictable. the iPhione could help you keep up with your health.The iPhone has an app that would be perfect for staying in touch with your health. Most people keep their phone around them while they are out or doing any activites it would be very convient to have an iPhone if you have an eating disorder that way you'll know your know where your calories and fat rate are.
I believe the Morehouse dress policy was for the best of students. Many students do not want to work in an environment wher they see saggy jeans and baggy clothes. I believe the new rule will help more students for the world after they graduate. The students that were sagging probably were upst with the policy but if they take the time to think about it would really help them in the long run, as far as being successful and having a manageable job in the future.
Now in days, college is to expensive but you need a college degree more then ever now most jobs arent hiring people who do not have an colle degree. most colleges inn state cost around $7,020 but colleges out of stae could average from $18,548 up to $26,273. So most students trying to get in to college eighther have to pay alot of money or get in off an scholarship of some what. So I do believe that college is to expensive especially with the economy we are in.
Topic: Teen Pregnancy Stats
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-11-03-tv-sex_N.htm
Response: I founnd this article to be mostly true. Not all t.v. programs show nudge things. I do feel as if most of these music videos out here are causing more and more of our teenage girls to do things that are not right. Some people may disagree with me, but when it comes down to it it's to many teens getting pregnat, especially African American teenagers. If you ask me the parents should get invovled more and stop making excuses.
Topic:Texting While Driving?!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009
Response: In the srticle it said that people are 23 times more at risk of having a wreak while texting and driving. I find this so very true. I say this because I've had an experience like this once before. I felt as if the person I was texting was more important then watching the road. I almost ran into another car, but thankfully the car beeped its horn and I quickly looked up. To me you shouldn't text while driving unless it is very important or your car is about to stop. Any other reason for texting and driving is crazy.
Topic:iPhone trigger Bulimia?
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2009/10/can-smartphone-apps-trigger-eating-disorders-.html
Response: To me this article is a bunch of bolango. How in the world could a phone trigger an eating diorder? Yea it's true that some people don't like the way they look, but I really don't think a phone could cause an eating disorder. It's said in the article that most people with eating disorders are said to spend between 80 and 99 percent of their day thinking about food, calories, body image, weight and exercise. I don't think that's true. I just think they're hungry and need to go eat something. People need to accept the fact that they are what they are and be happy with that.
Topic:Morehouse's New Dress Code
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/10/15/morehouse-institutes-attire-policy-.html
Response: This article is very easy to respond to because the way our young men dress in today's socity is a topic that has been on everyone's discussion list. I feel as if it is a good idea to put a end to the sagging, but you don't need to create a dress code for them. Some of the students have been in school unifors for so long that they don't want to go back to that. If you ask me i think they should just tell the men not to sagg and if you do there will be issues that they will have to face. It states in the article that they want them to dress like a "Renaissance Man," but really how can that be defined? Do they have to wear wigs and peticoats? That's what comes to my mind when you say "Renaissance Man".
Topic:College too expensive?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/21/AR2009102103664
Response: Even though I really don't have much to say abiut this article I find it appealing. This article is very insightful. This article hits home for me because i want to go to an out of state college, but if the tuition keeps going up I don't know what i will do. I mean we are already in a semi depression cut a sister some slack.
I think this Article is mainly asking do Tv convince teens to be sexually active or teen parents. I think that's not true because most teens are influence by their friend an others that tell them they have experiment in a sexually way. Some people don't even have sex by choice.Some are forced do to others actions or perverts.Many teens have common sense and choose to wait til marriage or until they are at the age eighteen.Many people don't even try to get pregnant things just happen.Most teens get pregnant because they let their friends influence them or they try to satisfy their boyfriends.I don't feel that television has anything to do with the outcome of sexually active teens and teen parenting hood.I say this because some teens feel that they are ready to have sex or have a baby.Even though they really aren't ready.
I think texting while driving is dangerous. It could cause someone to have a wreck. It may also cause you to lose your license.Texting while driving is hard to do while driving. It's a bad influence on younger teens that are now or learning how to drive. They may think it's cool and ok to do because others are doing so. This is a big issue to alot of parents bacause they are worried about they child safety. If you just follow the rules and regulations you will have a better chance at life.Texting while driving is against the law. You are endangering others and putting them in serious harm. Most teens have wreck because they are trying to drive, read texts, and respond back to them at the same time.They might as well just wait to communicate with others on the phone through texting, when they are at a resting point.
To me this article is very confusing. I didn't understand what it's purpose.I also don't understand why a iphone or smar phone has to do with an eating disorder. It's very confusing maybe because i either read it wrong, or just probably wasn't paying good attention to what was really going on. I think people only have food disorders when they are stressing or going threw some problems in their relationships. They weight may also cause them to have or go into a food disorder. Having a phone doesn't have anything to do with an eating habit.A phone is an item that you use to communicate on. I really don't know what else to say about this article.
I think this article is very confusing because I don't see how iphone trigger food disorders.I think that people trigger food disorders because some people aren't quite happy with the way they look.Some people trigger eating disorders because they are depressed.Some people trigger eating disorders from having low self-esteem or because they have friends that look better then them.I really don't understand this article thats why I really don't have much to say.
I think the new dress code is good and very professional. It would stop all the gang relative and drama giong on. It's also a good way in knowing who belongs and who doesn't. Having a new dress code would be cheaper and easier n finding. I'm sure many people will approve of this idea that is going on. It's really an excellent idea to me.I can tell that everyone might not like looking the same but it's for the best.The people who came up with this plan is looking out for their safety and well beings of others. If the young men have respect they wouldn't sag no more or the young ladies wouldn't wear preverted clothing that would cause them to look like sluts. It's best to have a good impression you never know who's coming or already watching you. Plus you shouldn't go to impress others you should be yourself even though you have to go by the new program.
I think college is very expersive. I don't think you should have to pay that much for an education. Education should really always be free to me. Everyone say a scholarship helps, but really it don't. Specially if the governor keep raising the prices. Eventually the black rate of us going to college will drop. We just can't afford college like evryone else. To me we just wasn't bless with that kind of money, plus it's already hard out here just for use to get a decent job. I just feel college isn't for everybody. Unless they go down on some of the prices and cost of items than not that many people will be going to college, specailly right away.
I think this isn't a good link to teen parenthood.Television has little to do with teen pregnancy. I understand that some tv shows expose some sexual activity but not all people watch those type of shows.For instance, a person can sit at home and watch G rated cartoons but, is still involved in emotional relationship.Nowadays teens act upon hormones and peer pressure. To me that would clearly be the link to teen pregnancy not a word from a tv show.Only because not only are they making decisions for their self it would also be for other people.Alot of children are exposed to sexual activity at home, at school, or while they'are out in public every day.I do not see that there is a link between television and teen pregnancy. Most of scenes acted on t.v. are not real anyway. Teens under go peer pressure causing defective decision making causing teen pregnancy.
Teen prenancy today does not come from you watching tv. Tv can't make you have an child. Teens that are doing the wrong things that their parents doesn't know about cause young teens today to get preganant. If you are young and you feel that you are ready to have sexual reactions just have a mom to daughter talk and see were that leads you.It is best that you talk to your mother because she is going to be there through whatever. She can help you protect yourself in alot of different ways. She can help you get on birth controll that you will probaly need from you getting preganant and she can keep you checked up with the doctor. It is best that you just wait until you get old enough or get married to do the things you think you are ready to do. Tv only puts on a front; an act to have the people who are watching the movie or show to be entertained.
I don't think that you should text while driving. It causes wrecks. Texting while driving causes way to many problems. You can get killed in car wreck just trying to read an text message. While driving i don't think that you should even see a phone because thay can hurt you. Its not only texting that can cause wrecks, Its more things to it. I don't know how texting even came about. To me its just not safe to be texing or talking on the phone while driving its just not safe. I can understand that sometimes it can be an emergency call or text and you just have to answer it but we all know that it's not safe. It has been many teenagers that have past away because of cell phones. I know whwn an teenager gets ready to drive their parents always saying be safe and don't get on that phone. Parents tell them that so wrecks want come about.
This article about phone trigger balmila really doesn't make much since to me because if balmila is an disorder that causes people to gain weight. I really don't think that an iphone has something to do with your disorders in gaining weight. I can understand you sitting around in the house alday, playing around on the iphone while you're eating constaley but you still want be able to get an disorder by that. If thats the case iphones are not the only phones that you would get balmila from. It can come from all types of phones such as razars, touch screen phones, slide phones, and just regular phones. A phone is just a phone it all does the same thing except one phone is more expensive than the others. It just does'nt make since to me that iphones can cause balmila.
Morehouse new dress code is an good ideal for those young men. I say that it is an good ideal because you will see no sagging of pants, no gangster looking young men, no headgear, and many more things. That is a real good ideal for morehouse to have a new dress code. It keep some of their college students out of trouble and they really won't have to worry about the gang violence and having other young adults tyalking about the other ypung adults dress attire. I am sure that their were some people that were dissointed about the situation because it seem as if they were still in high school. It seems to me that if you are not worring about how you look and dress in college already why be mad about the dress code. Its really not much to worring about if you are not going to college to impress someone anyways its all about your eduation.
I think college is not expensive, because its mainly giving you money back why you;re in college. Its covering all the important things you need and more. College feeds you, put a roof over your head, pay for books and cover many more things. In todays society I don't think young adults go to college because they think college to expensive or they just now discovering that college is not for them. I don't think that it should ba a reason why anyone should'nt go to college. I understand that college not made for everyone but still, why not try it out and see how it goes. If you can fill out your finacial aid and you see everything is good why not go. It is very hard for young adults today to try to get in college because of their finacial aid or they have to pay cash right out of their pockets. Its not expensive its just how people take it.
Post a Comment