Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BARACK H. OBAMA - EXTRA CREDIT RESPONSE

Thanks to everyone who left their sentiments and recollections of how you reacted to the news of our new president-elect. If you did not take advantage of the extra credit, you certainly missed out. Keep your eyes open for the next opportunity.

"It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America." -Barack Obama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This election was one of the most important elections that will ever be held. To have a African American run for presidency and win. Just having Barack Obama run for presidency was inspiration enough. In my opinion, I am very proud and excited about the outcome of this election. Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, and many others have faught and battled for years over time to make it where we are now. This time, is a time of celebration and the feeling of accomplishment, because we succeeded in our goal. November 4, 2008 will be written down on paper and published in a history book telling the phenomenon which occured on this glorious day. I can remember exactly where I was and my exact feelings. I was in my room watching the channel where they were telling us who won what state. I remember I was also watching another television program at the very same time. I kept switching back and forth looking at the updates of the election. My heart was pounding and hoping that Obama would win and how it will be much easier to live once he has gotten in office. I remember looking at Obama's facial expression, thinking that he was hoping and praying the same thing I was. I prayed several times that night asking God to please let Obama win! I had just turned the channel to the other program I was watching, and moments later my sister burst into the room and told me that Obama had won. I think for a second that my heart had stopped beating. A overwhelming feeling of joy took control over me and the only thing that I could do was scream. It also was 10 p.m. at night, but I didn't care, because there was going to be a black man in office. The moment seemed like forever and I cherished every second of it. I believe this is a turning point for the United States. Barack Obama was right when he said it was time for a change and I believe him with all my heart. I think experiencing this and saying that I was alive when this happened is a lifetime full of hope and satisfaction. To be able tell my childern that I was 16 years old when the very first African American was elected president of the United States is a memory that will live on after I am gone. Hopefully this is just the begining, and more black candidates will step up and become the voice of America.