Monday, December 8, 2008

More Current Event Articles!!!

Students,
Remember, your responses are due by Monday, December 15th, 2008. Your responses to these articles should be at least 150 words.

When you respond, make sure you indicate which article you are responding to! (example: Article #1 , #2, #3, #4)

You can check your word count by typing your response in Microsoft Word first and then conducting a word count. Afterwards, you can cut and copy your response to the blog.

Article #2
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/dec/07/focus-nursing-shortage-in-need-of-caregivers/

Article #3
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-diabetes-08-dec08,0,6388020.story


Article #4
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/lawsuit-questions-obamas-eligibility-for-office/

Follow the directions on your ORIGINAL current events sheet, except post your response here!Students, The directions for responding to Current Events are the exact same, except you're responding online. Your response must indicate that you have a full understanding of the article while giving a synthesis (or an opinion with facts from the article that support that opinion) of the article. Summarizing this article is strictly prohibited. Your response to the article is most important. Somewhere in the ballpark of 200 words would be sufficient. The main concept to grasp is that you're not summarizing!

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARTICLE #4
My opinion on this article which is discussing the budget and shortage on the nursing staff and money is that it is already an issue but it can soon become an even bigger issue. It’s simple, if there isn’t a staff to teach or the staff is getting cut shorter and shorter every year than soon there isn’t going to be enough trained nurses. Donna Hathaway is a perfect example , she is the dean of University of Tennessee Health Center. Hathaway has found out that starting July 1 she is going to have to deduct 16.6 percent of her 4.2 million dollar budget and she doesn’t know how to react or what to do. I myself think that she should lower the enrollment on students because she needs her staff more than anything because they’re the ones that actually do the teaching. Only the “best of the best” that graduate at basically the top of their class should be enrolled, or at least they should be the first to receive an enrollment letter.
-Alecia -Lee~Lee
4th Period

Anonymous said...

ARTICLE #4
My opinion on this article which is discussing the budget and shortage on the nursing staff and money is that it is already an issue but it can soon become an even bigger issue. It’s simple, if there isn’t a staff to teach or the staff is getting cut shorter and shorter every year than soon there isn’t going to be enough trained nurses. Donna Hathaway is a perfect example , she is the dean of University of Tennessee Health Center. Hathaway has found out that starting July 1 she is going to have to deduct 16.6 percent of her 4.2 million dollar budget and she doesn’t know how to react or what to do. I myself think that she should lower the enrollment on students because she needs her staff more than anything because they’re the ones that actually do the teaching. Only the “best of the best” that graduate at basically the top of their class should be enrolled, or at least they should be the first to receive an enrollment letter.
-Alecia -Lee~Lee
4th Period

Anonymous said...

ARTICLE#3
On this article I feel that what is going on isn’t right. The parents are right for trying to fight for their son rights in school. He simply deserves to be treated like everybody else in the school. The fact that he does have the diabetes disease does not mean that he deserves to be treated a certain way that isn’t fair. To my knowledge i think he does deserve special treatment, but not the treatment that they are giving him, he deserves special HELP. In this article it had different people opinions on how they felt about kids with diabetes going to school, it even had some that actually had experienced this in life and it didn’t affect them very well. This also tells about other parents that actually did sue some schools, like the parents in California went for a law suit and succeeded in their plan. Also, diabetic students should be ale to be tested for all things at school just like the other students.
-Alecia -Lee~Lee
4th Period

Anonymous said...

Article #2

“Nursing shortage leaves many in need of caregivers”

I chose this article because hospitals are short of registered nurses. It was important to respond to this article because there are a lot of job cuts because of the economy. It is important to keep up with the many issues that are going on around us. In my views concerning this issue, I believe that health care is so important and necessary. I believe that college students should not be held back from the nursing program. This issue affects me and society in many ways. If there are not enough train nurses we will have a shortage in health care services. Our society can go down, patients many not receive the care they need and they can die. Our society will loose good students who may want to be nurses if they do not have enough nursing school buildings. The government should put money into the nursing program. This would be a solution to help this issue. Money should be given to help build more hospitals, nursing schools buildings and train nurses so students can learn and work.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Article #3


“Parents fight for diabetic kids' rights”

I chose this article because the article deals with children who are diabetic and gives informative about how parents are fighting for them. It is important to respond to this article because many kids are suffering with diseases and I am not aware of a lot of them. I learn information when I read articles. In my view concerning this article, children who are diabetic should be cared for. They could die if they do not get treated in time. This issue effect me and society. One day I could have a child who needs help at school. This issue affects society because, our society need to fix the problem in the school so kids want die because the school can’t give out medicine to them. One possible solution to this issue would be to hire people at the school. The people that are hired should stay at the school all day to help children who are diabetic and children who are sick. A nurse or doctor should reach them to take are of the children.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Article #4

“Lawsuit questions Obama's eligibility for office”

This article was chosen because there are lawsuite that question if Obamhama is a citizen or not. It is important to respond to this article because it is good to keep up with issues that are going on in politics and with Barack Obahama, now that he have bacame our first African American president. In my view concerning this article, I believe that obahama is a citizen of the united states. I believe that people want to pull him down and they will try whatever they can to do it just because he is a black man that is trying to make a change. This issue affect me and society. If Obahama is held back from beigh president we may never see change. He wants to make changes to help our country, bleck people, white people and poor people who are struggling.

Monica

Unknown said...

i think we waist alot of money we need to start focusing on education funds so that it would be easier for teachers to teach and students to learn.Politicians need to look at this situation thoroughly, and find some way to get money allocated to these needed programs like msc and for healthcare the babyboomers becoming the most needy in terms of medical care, they need to have enough healthcare professionals in place.
But it's unclear when the university will break ground on the $58 million facility because the state hasn't dedicated money to it yet, said Marjorie Luttrell, dean of Lowenberg School of Nursing.

Unknown said...

We need to stop wasting tax payers money and the courts time for something that has already been proved.The reason this issue doesn't get any press is because it is a ridiculous issue, and to indulge it is to admit one's own preference for paranoia over logic. John McCain was born in Panama, but you don't see the Democrats trying to turn the issue into a technicality.
All Obama need to do is produce his legitimate birth certificate showing his eligibilty for the U.S. Presidency, and the lawsuit would dissolve these issues we are having.

Anonymous said...

Article #3

This is a pretty one sided argument for diabetic children. If your child's teachers are this ignorant to oppose something vital to the children they teach, why do you send your children there? I wonder why dont the parents just sue the school. This is a pretty obvious case of discrimination. Our Constituition guarantees protection from discrimination via the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.That clause has been projected over a wide variety of unimportant cases. So why not this one? It's actually quite sad to see that even the teachers are ignnorant in this day and age. I would really like to know why the teachers think that something as simple as blood sugar tests is a problem.The solution to this is quite simple. Sue the school system,wave the Constituition in their faces, and end the discrimination. Or do the thing most beneficial to your child, send them tto a better school.:P

E.Hunt
4th period

Anonymous said...

Article #2

This article is another story of how the fiscal irresponsibility of our country has come back to bite us. Although, $58 million for a new building is a bit much. We should cut down on this unnecessary spending, and maybe there would be enough revenue to allow more students to attend college.While we're att it lets start cutting spending across our government. Let's reign in the socialist Democrats heralded programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security,that will create more revenue. Those programs are projected to add at least $ 53 trillion dollars to our national deficit over the next 10 years. Can you imagine that? $53 trillion dollars! Even if only a fraction of that is invested into our college instituitions,the effects would be monumentous. But of course, we can't rely on our government to do just that. So instead, we should focus the Tennessee Hope Scholarship into not only the student's tuition but also into the instituitions thmeselves.Until then, there really isn't a solution to this problem of underfunded schools.

E.Hunt ^_^
4th period

Anonymous said...

Current Event #1
This article is important because it is something that should be known. The women professors in Texas are not being treated fairly just because of their gender. It was important to respond to article because it is not fair how women professors are being treated. My views on the issues in this article is that they think the men professor are better than the women professors. So they give the men more money for the same thing that the women are doing with less money. I think they are not being fair to the women even though they have to take more physical abuse than the men. This issue affects me and society in many ways like how much we get paid, what kind of jobs we get and how we are treated as women. Some possible solutions to this issue would be to just to talk to someone and let them know the women professors are not being treated equally.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #2
This article is important because this nursing situation is a big problem that could really affect everyone. My views on the issue in this article is that the government doesn’t think that nurses are very important so they don’t want hire them or allow them into schools. I think that nurse are very important because people get sick and hurt all the time and without them who will help these people. This issue doesn’t affect me that much but for people who would like to become an nurse an who are nurse this is something very tragic for them. I think that Tennessee should find some way to raise money to help out this department. More solutions could be just to pay the nurses what they want and pay their ways through medical school. I think this could help out many colleges and hospitals who are struggling with nurses.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #3
This article is important because diabetes is a serious disease that can take lives. I think that it is really important that people with diabetes have their insulin when they need it. My views on the issue in this article is that the school system is not understanding the importance of diabetics checking their blood sugar when needed. I feel that it is very irresponsible of them to not let them have what they need to survive and live normal lives. This issue doesn’t affect me very much but I do have family members with diabetes so I know how important is for them to have their medicine. And I know I would be really upset if my family members to suffer just because they couldn’t have their medicine. A possible solution to this issue would be to help people get more aware about diabetes so they wont be ignorant about it.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #4
This article is important because citizenship is really important when it comes to presidents. I feel that this man is just mad because Barack Obama is black and he is actually doing something successful. I also think that this guy might have also wanted to president so he wants to do anything to Obama down. My views on the issues in this article is that people are getting mad because Obama was getting ahead and beat Hillary Clinton. This is very important for me and society because if he is not a legal citizen he will not be able our president. And Obama for president could be a change that the world needs and has been waiting for. I think that by Obama putting his birth certificate on his website is enough to prove that he is legal. I think a possible another possible solution could be to have a talk with the guy who thinks this Obama.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Barack Obama has always been a true citizen of the United States.
I feel that his citizenship should
have never been called into question.With him being the first black President to be elected, I feel that their are many people that don't want to accept that.I feel that he should not post his birth certifcate to prove his citizenship, because he is now the president.I know Barack and Hillary will come up with ideas that will help our country through its porblems.Meanwhile I feel that the entire objective of the lawsuit was to disrupt Barack's plan to focus important problems. I also know people are going to do every thing in their power to try and get him until they finally find out he's here to stay.His citizenship is a non issue in my opinion. Barack Obama was born in Hawaii,not Kenya.By law of our Constituition, any person born on United States territory is a United States citizen,therby satisfying the very same Constituition's requirement that the President be a "natural born citizen".
T.Carlton 4th peroid

Anonymous said...

Article #4
The questions surrounding Barack Obama's citizenship are not justified. He has already provided his Certification of Live Birth and allowed FactChecker.org to examine said birth certificate. The issue of these cases being brought up are a bit suspicious. Philip Berg is a known Hillary supporter who was obviously vexed over the fact his candidate did'nt receive the Democratic nomination for president. Hillary has reportedly been reported to be Obama's Secretary of State. Mr.Berg's claims of Obama being born in Kenya are hold no proof. The reported tape recording of Obama's grandmother saying she witnessed his birth in Mombasa,Kenya has yet to have been proved. These continous attacks on Mr.Obama's character,experience,and citizenship by the religous right wing conservatives needs to stop. The American people spoke loud and clearly on November 4, 2008 when they elected him president. Now is the time we should get behind him and hope he can lead us to an era of prosperity.

E.Hunt-4th period
-____- ^________^

Anonymous said...

Article 2-nursing

I do not think the schools(colleges) know exactly what they are doing. Do you think they know? Imagine a world with 35,000 less nurses instead of with them. I can picture exactly what the hosptals a look like. I could see lots of problems in the hospitals due to the fact that the doctors will not have enough assistance. Why some students are worried about bringing in more studens when there isn't enough space, but the reason being is because they having tution money on there mind. Do you understand where im coming from? Nurses are a piece of key to the hospitals. They are the comfort and assistance to some of the patients. Nurses are highly trained to play a big part in the hospital just ass the doctors are. Less nurses mean that there will be extra drama in the hospitals. By not accepting students who are trying to enroll in nursing school you are throwing away their dreams.
Look we have made it so far through 13 years of school to see that their dream is rhrowed away. I feel bad some those people in the nursing field. That mean that the hospitals will be full of old nurses. The way things are going they might even take up the amount of year syou have to work before retireing. I can see what the world would be like for te next upcoming years a big cricous.

Anonymous said...

Article 3- Fight for dibetics

If my child was a dibetic i would be woried just as much as Kari is about her son. I would be scared to send my son to school knowing that the teachers are not trained to care for them. A dibetic has to to be watch 24/7 as you know tas every moment of their life. I understand why Ms.Kari and her husband are sueing. Come on now your child is at school nearl unconcious and plus he's a dibetic. Now think of all the thyings that could have happened. He could have died. Why not let a teacher get trained to help a dibetic if they are willing to . What type of school wold tell them no they are not qualified for it. Only a person who does not know what its like to have a ill child would. I feel that all schools should be trained for all types of dieases incase a child goes into some type of shock.

Anonymous said...

Article 4-Obama

I really was disappointed at the first few paragraphs of the articles. I ask myself if they were against him because he was black or worried about the citizens? Then i thought about it its amazing how they try to pick up dirt on or president when we get a black one, but i may be wrong maybe their just against him. How can you say his mother gave birth to him in Kenya. The next mintue yo are saying he was born in Honolulu on August 4,1961 two years after Hawaii was considered the 50 state. I feel that when you do something do it for a good cause and reason. I was really upset with this article it built up a lot of anger in me. I feel Obama will make a change not because of his race but effort. I have had faith in all of our old presidents not only him. I feel that if you are sueing him be real about what you are saying. do not try to be low down and black male someone. Lets be honest with others and not only ourselves

Calhoun,Rachel said...

Current Events#2

In my perspective I feel that the school should allow many students still to come. Why cut out money for the nurses, its like nurses are not going out style. We are going to forever need nurses. People are always going to get sick, so why shorting their check? I don’t agree with this idea at all. Statistics show that less nurse more possibility of a person dying. I feel that nurse need a raise in their payroll, because they have a full time, on taking responsibility job. I feel that it was important to respond to this article because I want to take on the responsibility of being a nurse, but I don’t now because it’s not a guaranteed job anymore, now that they are shorting nurses. My views on this issue are I see that the economy is getting worse and worse each day. Every time I look up someone is getting laid off from his or her job, because of the money issue. This issue affects society because of if we don’t have enough nurses’, who is going to take care of the people that are sick and can’t do for their selves? I also feel that this article affected me because I have family members in the hospitals and people I know that are nurses’ and little do I know they could be getting laid off from their job or my family members would not be given the proper attention, because of the nurse shorted. Also in my perspective a possible solution will be find another unnecessary route to get more money in.

Calhoun,Rachel said...

Currents Events #3

My perspective on this is I’m glad that the parents stood up for their kid’s right. It’s not fair to not let them have their needs when they need it. I feel like that’s apart of their identity, they need it no matter where they are and it should travel where ever they may be at all times. I also feel that some of the school’s were wrong because they thought of the little needle as being a weapon. I have saw the needle before its not no bigger than a nipple of a bottle, so how could they possible consider that as being a weapon? Also the schools don’t want to have to deal with a death lawsuit so why not have the needle open to the child when it is needed? I don’t think they want that kind of lawsuit on their hands. I feel that it was important to respond to this article because I have a god cousin that has juvenile diabetes and I wonder what was the situation with her and her mother about her needle with the school. My views on this article is that I feel that there needs to be a law pass through the no child left behind regarding health issues. I think that this affects society and me because everyone is not going to be understandable about the diabetes thing, some parents are going to have file lawsuits just to get the needle and school, and it shouldn’t be like that. That is a safety issue. A possible solution will be to pass that law under no child left behind stating that any child with any sickness should be able to locate their medical needs at all time.

Anonymous said...

I feel that todays jobs are going to waste because of the goverment.
How become all of Bush and his friends can have private jets but we can't afford to pay nurses.I feel that out of every thing I would like to have the correct treatment when I go the doctor.
Their are many registered nurses without a job today because the payroll is notlarge enough .Meanwhile the number of nurses has a lot to do with the outcome of how patients they have.Their is no problem getting nurses in school, but the money isn't their to pay them.In Memphis we are short on nurses and we have one of the better medical programs in the country.Every year we are having to turn down a large quanity
of nurses and i feel that is one of the occupations we need.Anotherthing is I feel that we can make a pay cut at less effective buisness that we don't need.
T.Carlton article#2

Anonymous said...

The why reason why i choose article two because its really happening right now and, its really terrible about what's going on . At nursing schools the budget is being cut short and, students couldn't stay because their were too many nurses in nursing schools and they have to leave their schools . Many school are deny some of the applicants from former student nurses . I think its terrible at some nursing schools ,and getting some nurses out some schools are alright ,but deny their applicantions this crazy . It will effect the society by not having enough nurses in hosptials ,and it will lead to alot of ill people .

Anonymous said...

I feel that this case is like no other because of all the trouble and stress they caused this parent.
Another thing was this fact was mentioned in article 2, and that is why I feel that this was avery
strong issue.This issue here is not fair because the schools should have let him take his medicine. It's quite simple let the kid take his medicine and we have know problem. I have younger
cousin with diabetice and if this
were ever to happen to him we would have more than a legal problem.One of the thing failed to be mention was the 504 plan.This is plan which says that teachers administrators etc should meet the needs of a diabetice.Their should be know reason for discrimination
for diabetice because it is a disorder to. How would you feel if that was you in parent or child situation what would you do.
Article#3
T.Carlton

Anonymous said...

Current Event #3 is important because diabetes is a serious disease that effect many people in our communities. I think that it is important for people with diabetes to have there medicine. My views on this issue is that the school don’t know how important diabetes is. I feel that if they understood that you could die from diabetes they would take things more seriously. I think that they should take time out help the kids with diabetes so they wouldn’t feel about having this disease. This issue affect me very much because I come from a family with a history of diabetes. So I really understand the importance of having your medicine when you need it. One solution to this problem could be to just let the people with diabetes have their medicine. This is the only way that everyone gets what they want out of this issue.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #4 is important because an American citizen is very important. I feel that Barack Obama is being hated because he is black and he is something productive. I also think that this guy might have also wanted to president so he wants to do anything to Obama down. Another thing that I notice is that the people with Hillary are getting mad because she didn’t win. This is very important for me and society because him being a legal citizen means he can be our president and a change that we need. Obama for president is something that gives our country hope. I think that Obama is a legal citizen because he post his birth certificate on the website to prove that he is. I think that there are no more solutions to this problem. I think that everything that need to be told is out in the open.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #1 is important because it is discriminating against women teachers. I think that it is not fair that the women professors in Texas don’t get treated right. Its important to respond to article because women professors should be paid the same amount as the men. My view on the issues in this article is that they don’t know how much that the women professors go through each day. This is why the men get more money than the men. This issue affects doesn’t effect me very much but the women in society have a big problem on their hands. I would hate for my mother to get less than someone just because of her gender. Some possible solutions to this issue would be to just pay everyone what they do. So the women would automatic make more because they take more abuse than the men do. This is the only fair way out of this situation.

Anonymous said...

Current Event #2 is important because schools are losing students and hospitals are losing nurses. My views on the issue in this article is that the government is trying to pay for other stuff that we really don’t need and they will risk letting good nurses lose jobs. I think that nurses are a big part of our hospitals and schools today. This issue doesn’t affect me but for people who are nurses and someday wants to become one they will have and big problem for them. Our state should come up with better ideas that firing people and making students miss out on opportunities. More solutions would be to find some to get extra money for the nursing department. The government don’t understand how hard people work to get were they wants to be in life. So they take things that are really important to our society and our everyday lives.

Anonymous said...

Article 2
It is important to respond to this article because there are becoming less certified nurses to take care of people. If people are aware that there is a shortage of nurses then they might try to pursue a career as doctor's assistant. It’s becoming harder for colleges and universities to train people to become nurses, so some needs to know so they could come up with a solution for the situation. It is also important to respond to this article because all the nurses could be busy and some one important like the president or the mayor and could not get the assistance he or she needs and dies. My views on this article are what is happening to the nurses, why are they making budget cuts and why would they limit the number of students that can enroll. This issue affects me and society by getting rid of our care givers which could affect our affect our health. Statistics show that registered nurses make a significant difference in the outcome of a patient so a solution for the issue in this article could be to raise money or ask for donations to keep from having to make budget cuts.

Anonymous said...

Kari diabetic son wasn't allowed to pricke his finger in school to test his blood sugar, and some days the nurse wasn't available, so Kari Christiansen would drive there every two hours to make sure he didn't suffer a serious reaction . Her son was banned from the school bus because administatos considered the tiny lancet a weapon . His mother learn that he's been fallen is school hallway, his parents took steps to end their "ightmare". They got a lawyer to fight for his and their rights . In my opinion i think it would hurt to let him in the schools and let him ride the bus like a normal student . It effect the socioty by treating the diabtic student the same like normal students .

Anonymous said...

Pesylvania's forme deputy attoryney gene and Sen. Hilary Rodham Clinton supporter Philip J. Berg has fill a lawsuit in federal , court in Pennsyvania accusing presumve Democratic presidetial candiate Sen. Barack Obama of lying about U.S. citizenship which would make him ineligib to be presient . Mr.Berg is one of a facion of Clinton supporters and haven't heeded the party's call for unity , filing the suit just days before the opening of the Democratic Natiol Convertion ,which will minate Mr.Obama as the party's presidential candidate. In my opinion I think that the deputy was going to file lawsuit on Obama of lying about his U.S. citizenship, which would make him ineligible to be president .But, some candidates probably lied about something, this really terrilbe how they doing him .

Anonymous said...

Article#3
It is important to respond to this article because this is putting people’s life at risk. By not allowing children with diabetes to prick their finger and test their blood sugar, they could lets someone’s child die and get sued .My views on this article are why would they consider it as a weapon and they know that it is necessary for people with diabetes .Another one of my views on this article is why didn’t they prosecute the people why refused to train any one in the building about diabetes. This issue affects me and my society because if a child dies and their parents sue the school then there would be a significantly less amount of money in the budget for the rest of the children. A possible solution for the issue in this article is to make it mandatory for all of the staff to be educated in diabetes and allow them to test their blood during school.

Anonymous said...

Article#4
It is important to respond to this article because this is an outrageous accusation. The congress and the committee should have already checked his background several times and realized whether or not if he was an original U.S citizen. My views on this article are why would a person question his U.S citizenship and he has his birth certificate. The campaign has firmly said that the Illinois Democrat is a natural born citizen of the U.S, if so then why does Mr. Berg want to cheat Obama out of a fair campaign. This issue affect me and my society because for a lot of people Obama was the way out of hole but if they take that away then more people would be thrown into poverty and there will be less productive citizens .A possible solution for the issue in this article is to give undeniable proof that Obama is a U.S citizen.

Jashara said...

Article#2
Nursing graduates are most likely to find jobs. I think that it is unprofessional that Memphis hospitals are short of registered nurses, and Tennessee budget cuts are making it harder for the local colleges and universities that train these skilled caregivers to enroll more students. The nurses need to find away to make more room for some of nurse graduates to find jobs.I understand that the nurse is not sure wat to eliminate,but something has to go so there will be more room for other nurses. That way everything will run much faster and everbody can get treated to their special needs. When the article says “Research at Pennsylvania hospitals showed that patients were more likely to die when nusing staffing levels were low and when nurses had relatively little educations”, I thought to myself that’s very sad to hear,and they should really try to work at that and better themselves.

Jashara said...

Article#3
I totally understand why Carters parents is willing to file a suit against the schools district if they’re not willing to make accomadations for his diabetes. Carter and Nicholas must test their blood sugar levels to see how high or low it might be. I think that the teacher is wrong for not letting Carter prick his finger in school to test his blood sugar. The nurses should be available everyday in all schools, because you never know what might happen any day. The schools should teach children about diebetes and any other type of diseases. I’m glad that when Carter fell in the school hallway that his parents got a lawyer to fight for his rights,because Carter couldve died and it wouldve been all their fault for not letting him test his blood sugar at school. All the teachers in the school building should be trained on all diseases, because anything can happen while you’re at school.

Jashara said...

Article#4
To be honest, I believe that a lot of people don’t like the fact that Obama is now our president of United States. I wonder why would Hilary Clinton file a lawsuit in the Federal Court against Obama accusing him of lying about his U.S. Citizenship, which would make him ineligible to be President of the United States of America. I read in the article that Obama campaign has firmly said the Illinois Democrat is a natural-born citizen. Mr.Berg was contacted about filing the lawsuit against president Obama. He has filed suits for clients against, President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, claiming they knew about the terrorist attacks that occurred, Sept.11.2001 before they even happened. I don’t think that President Bush or Cheney knew about the terrorist attack before it happened. I also believe that President Obama is a citizen of the United States of America,if he is not then how in the world did he become our President?

Calhoun,Rachel said...

Current Events #4

My perspective on this issue is they are just trying to find a way to knock barrack obama out of the campaign. It shows the certification of his live birth, so therefore there’s no need to debate where he is from. Who cares were obama is from as long as he running a good clean debates it shouldn’t matter. I feel that it was important to respond to this article because people just want to see obama drop out the race, and that’s not going to happen. The facts in this article are prove that Mr. Berg has made many false accusations against President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, so what makes Barrack Obama different? In my eyes it really doesn’t either way it goes people are going to vote for whoever they like. My views on this issue is let barrack obama be him, stop trying to pick at him for little things. I really don’t think that this issue affects society because people are still commenting the issue saying they still are going to vote for him. A possible solution to this issue will be to pull Barrack Obama records.

Anonymous said...

Article #2 is very important because of the lack of nursing staff and money at local health centers.The government spends money on other things and dont focus on important things like education.There are quilyfied undergrads who could all be great nurses one day.Everone will forever be in great need of nurses.There are on of most important jobs in the world.Donna Hathaway ,the dean at University of Tennessee Health Center, stresses over the budget cut and less job offers in there fireld.She has to deduct 16.6 percent of her 4.2 million dollar budget.I think the government should hadle all the budget needs.

~Allen Draper Farmer~

Anonymous said...

In Article #4 they were just stressing on the issue of kids with diabetes.Mr and Mrs.Christiansen has to deal with lots of problems dealing with their son Carter having diabetes and only being in grade school.The teachers would not let him take his blood pressure in class.So his mom would have to come to the school every to hours to make sure every things going well.One day he passed out in the middle of the hallway.His parents decieded to take a stand and fight for his rights.They hired a lawer and faught.But my opinion on this is that school should allow whatever a kid should do to help his or her medical needs.

Anonymous said...

In Article #4 there bringing to attention that some people are trying to question if Obama is a citizen of the United States or not.This shouldn't even be a issue.Because if he passed the quilifacation of running for the president of america,hands down he is a citizen.

Anonymous said...

Article#1
The reason why I selected this article to read is because I thought it would be interested to read. The article was important to me to respond to because it was talking about how they tried to make the games more of a learning game and not just violence.My views on this article is that the Microsoft has tried to make the video games some what educational in subjects.Microsoft also says that gameing is interfering in with education,they are tring to do something about it.Video games have also influenced teenagers grades to flunk.This issue affect me and my society because it is happen all around me and my house.It is a couple of people that I no that don’t go to school or sleep because of violence video games.The possible solution for this article is that no violence video games should be allowed.It should be only educational games.Video games should be sold only to adults.They should not be sold to minors.It is a bad influence to our community and to our society.Our teeneagers don’t even go to bed at night because they try to stay up all night trying to play those violence video games.
Article#6
The article I respond to is about Bailed out banks.The reason why I chose this article is because it basically is saying that they help a lot of banks out by bailing them out.When I say bailing what I mean by that is helping people out with their problems that is going on around the banks.Banks sponsore their tournaments and events by saying when they have private things going on for the banks like dinners,concrets,parties.When you are being apart of the bank that means you also take responsibility for the bank not just the assistants.Also when you borrow from the government you would have to pay them back because its like they are going through the same thing that the banks are going through.They are throwing away all kinds of things on the employees.They were saying that in this article that laying a large amount of people off that you would be layed off for a long period of time.My issue to the article is that when you work for a bank you have to be careful of what you do and say around people.You alArticle #2
The article i chose is basically talking about a funeral that was held on Monday Feb.9 for a higher educational student that attended TBR college.The funeral included more surrounding colleges also.The funeral was to show respect to the person that attended their college.The crowd also showed respect to.They held the funeral to show the generation that they could raise up for more than just themselves.The reason why i chose the article was because it was such a sad thing to hear about in my point of view.It was important to respond to the article because you should at least take some time out to care about other people feelings to.My views to the article was that no matter if you do or you don't no the person at least feel their pain or see their reactions to what they are going through.This issue affet my society because it is alot of dieing and killing going on around my area every other day i say.It also affect my society because me myself have just lost a loved one.The possible solution that i have is that we need to try to take care of our bodies more often and stay in the house and out of the crazy people way.
Article#3
The article was such a sad article to read about.Our society shouldn't be happening the way that it is.The reason why the article was important for me to response to was because it had a good meaning to it and that rapping and killing is what is basically taking place right now.I say that the girls be telling a story just to keep they self out of trouble.It is a possibility that the girls be giving it to the guys and they be older guys at that.I say that but in the case if they have actually been rapped the guy that did it should be sentenced to jail forever without parole.My view to the article is that us as being young ladies we shouldn't be allowed to wear tight clothes that shows nothing and wear little shorts or skirts.This issue affect me in a way because some older guys try get at me sometimes but i tell my parents.The possible solution to give is that when someone is trying to get at you or with you in the wrong kind of way you should tell somone.It is not right to just let it take place like that and nothing has or been or gone be done about the situation
Article#4
The article was interesting to me.The reason why is because it is basically for teenagers.It is saying that we need to stay in school and don't drop out.Barack Obama says that everyone needs to be in at least someones school or a vocational school.We can't afford to miss no days or a good education.It was important to me to read because if i ever thought of dropping out i would no where i would be headed to in life before i did it.My views of the articles is that everyone should do what is right and do what our president wants us to do by him and at least take the advantage of the free education.Dropping out is a big proportion to our society because everybody is choosing to drop out.Everyone is basically dropping out when they get in the 10 or the 11th grade which is crazy to do.It be so crazy to do and they should feel crazy for doing that.The possible solution that i can give is to do whats right and stay in school.Its to hard to be dropping out and you also have to have a education to get a job.We can do it.Don't let ouArticle #2
The article i chose is basically talking about a funeral that was held on Monday Feb.9 for a higher educational student that attended TBR college.The funeral included more surrounding colleges also.The funeral was to show respect to the person that attended their college.The crowd also showed respect to.They held the funeral to show the generation that they could raise up for more than just themselves.The reason why i chose the article was because it was such a sad thing to hear about in my point of view.It was important to respond to the article because you should at least take some time out to care about other people feelings to.My views to the article was that no matter if you do or you don't no the person at least feel their pain or see their reactions to what they are going through.This issue affet my society because it is alot of dieing and killing going on around my area every other day i say.It also affect my society because me myself have just lost a loved one.The possible solution that i have is that we need to try to take care of our bodies more often and stay in the house and out of the crazy people way.
Article#3
The article was such a sad article to read about.Our society shouldn't be happening the way that it is.The reason why the article was important for me to response to was because it had a good meaning to it and that rapping and killing is what is basically taking place right now.I say that the girls be telling a story just to keep they self out of trouble.It is a possibility that the girls be giving it to the guys and they be older guys at that.I say that but in the case if they have actually been rapped the guy that did it should be sentenced to jail forever without parole.My view to the article is that us as being young ladies we shouldn't be allowed to wear tight clothes that shows nothing and wear little shorts or skirts.This issue affect me in a way because some older guys try get at me sometimes but i tell my parents.The possible solution to give is that when someone is trying to get at you or with you in the wrong kind of way you should tell somone.It is not right to just let it take place like that and nothing has or been or gone be done about the situation
Article#4
The article was interesting to me.The reason why is because it is basically for teenagers.It is saying that we need to stay in school and don't drop out.Barack Obama says that everyone needs to be in at least someones school or a vocational school.We can't afford to miss no days or a good education.It was important to me to read because if i ever thought of dropping out i would no where i would be headed to in life before i did it.My views of the articles is that everyone should do what is right and do what our president wants us to do by him and at least take the advantage of the free education.Dropping out is a big proportion to our society because everybody is choosing to drop out.Everyone is basically dropping out when they get in the 10 or the 11th grade which is crazy to do.It be so crazy to do and they should feel crazy for doing that.The possible solution that i can give is to do whats right and stay in school.Its to hard to be dropping out and you also have to have a education to get a job.We can do it.Don't let our president down and just do it for him.r president down and just do it for him.so have to be very serious about your work.

Anonymous said...

Andranekia Abram
Current Events
5th six weeks

Article#1

To me videos do not promote learning because some video games are educational. Video games are just for fun. They just take up time for when you are bored. Some games you have to be a certain age to buy in the store. When the games that are violent come out there are age limits to who came get them. I have some games that are violent but I know it is just a game at the end. When the game first come on they spell it out in the game things you may see on the game is NOT real and you should not do anything that you see. Games are just for fun. People some people stay up all night playing video games. It is so mundane at the house and picture being the only child and having no one to argue with or play with. Then again videogames do not hurt anyone.

Article#2
The price has increased in the United States for a long time now. If the regents increase their paying in the college they enrollment will be off and if they tuition is too high they will have less students in their college attendance. I think the coffins are good for the students to express how they feel about this situation. I would do the same thing because this world is in a recession right now and everything feel like it’s going up and we as black people already don't have any money. That’s stupid of them to raise the prices of student’s education. Those coffins were a great idea because this world would be dead if the education goes up. It would be dead because they want to see us struggle as black people anyway. If they win and overrule this we as children will lose and they would get what they want more uneducated black children. I'm not trying to be one of them kinds of children so I hope they understand we will not be giving up on this situation.

Article#3
I think that the innocence program is very helpful to people. Some people are very much innocent. It’s a shame how people have to go to jail because they are falsely accused of things they had no part of. I know if i had to go to jail because I was mistaken to be someone else I would be so mad. If i had to go to the jail house period I would be lost and hurt. Nine hundred and fourty seven people convicted of falsely matters I can't do it they should know their information before they give they people hard jail time like that. I happen to believe over half of them Americans were African American and young. The people didn’t want to see us succeed in any thing educational. I can't help but to believe that it’s only right that they reduce any false complaints and I think they should pay them for being locked up so long. It’s a shame the press should know better then to not get the whole story about things.

Article#4
The major problem I have with the President's statement is that we don't need more education we need a better education. I agree with President Obama on one point. Our country does need more emphasis on education, but to pay for a year of college/trade school without the desire or direction to be there is money down the drain.Obama was correct in stating we need to become more responsible as parents, community, city, county, state, government in preparing our children for their education purposes. My mother always tells me education without determination instills the entitlement mentality that's destroyed this country. I believe her on that situation about kid’s mentality. Instead of paying for a year of college how about we improve the education system the tax payers are already paying for. In our opinion, President Obama thinks that the American people are not smart enough to take part in deciding the direction of the country and it's policies. In voicing their opinions and expecting them to be heard and considered important. Therefore he must decide for us.
Article #5
I think if Barack is the president he should have everything under control. The money problems shouldn’t be an issue to anyone. When we come out of this recession the world would be just fine we don't have to worry about these things anymore. I can't picture the world going down with this new president in the white house Clooney need to stop trying to manipulate people and turn people against one another. When people are doing good by there self there's always a hater somewhere to act stupid and try and turn everyone against you whenever they get a chance I hate that. Then some people just so crazy they believe what they have to say about you and don't know the whole story. Barack is doing a wonderful job trying to get this world back in its right place as it was in four or five years ago.